
I'm taking a break from Twitter, my current favorite in terms of blogging.
Twitter, as many know, is a form of social networking site, but to me, it's really like micro-blogging more.
I am probably very weird to many people (LOL) because seriously, who takes break off things like these?
But I do.
It's a good time to let go of something and someone so that I can truly focus back on my One Love: Jesus Christ.
We are often so distracted by things that seem so yummy but oh so temporary. For the past few years during my university days, I wasn't growing in my relationship with Christ because I was too busy being distracted by many things, but most importantly, I lost the touch of building relationships with people. Sure, many know I go to church etc, but nobody knows how real my faith is to me because I conveniently forgot to build relationships with other people.
It is very difficult, the road back to Christ. I had to throw away myself and sever my ties with things I love. But oh, it's so worth it when I'm back in His loving arms and truly understand that He loves me, not because of what I can do or what I'm good at, but rather because He's good and He is love.
People like Rev. Edmund Chan and Pr. Jaeson Ma helped me a lot with their writings. But if I had not wanted it for myself, I wouldn't be able to take those writings and seek God for myself.
And God doesn't want to withhold what is best for us. He wants to give it all and bless us, but where are we right now? Are we still caught up in the temporal or the eternal?
The apostle Paul wrote about fixing our eyes on what is unseen because those are eternal. When I get my perspective right, I experience more freedom. Temporary things just give us a short-lived sense of joy and happiness, but it's only in God that I truly find true satisfaction, regardless of the situation.
**
I've been reading Dannah Gresh's "And The Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity" again. It's been one of my favorite books, and as I approach a stage in my life where I tentatively consider marriage (Don't smirk or gag. I believe everyone would have thought of that no matter how they opposed against the idea of marriage in sometime of their lives) the book has been a tremendous blessing.
The road to sexual purity is never easy since we were never pure to begin with. It's so easy to just fall back into the impurity that is once us. But with Jesus Christ's sacrifice for our sins and our growing relationship with Him, we can become pure.
Just let it sit with you for a while. How amazing is that?
And purity helps us to set a goal that when we meet our second love of our lives (first must always be Christ) we are able to give our all and enjoy the fullness of our union. Someone that we can say to them, "You are everything, totally worth it!"
But purity also loves its Creator at all costs. Dannah wrote about "God is sovereign, Jesus is enough". To me, that is also important. Until Jesus is enough in my life, until I have fully embraced that truth in my life and live it out, I am not sure if I can love another. And is God not sovereign? Does He not know what is best for us?
Selah.
And it's with God's strength that I can look with new eyes and let go of someone that I thought I really liked because of some traits that fitted my list (yes, we should all have a shopping list for the HIM or the HER, so we draw clear boundaries, break less hearts but make more friends) but the funny thing is that I don't even know the person. It's like fandom that got too far.
LOL.
It's also with this new eyes that I don't have to get so emo all the time and truly enjoy my singlehood, along with my sistas...be truly myself. To be truly attractive, is to be yourself. Yourself doesn't mean a temporary I'm-feeling-awesome-today-then-froggy-tomorrow hormonal imbalance, but embracing what God has created us to be = His princess, with royal robes and all.
Again, selah.
:)
I love these little tidbits I get along the way of reading books. I'm not well-read nor am I eloquent, but God has blessed me with authors who write from the heart that wants to pursue God. Challenges me and stimulates me to love Him more, and proceed to love others more.
**
I still need to work on my patience and gentleness though. LOL. When I write, I don't like people to disturb me. But I need to be grateful for distractions sometimes, gives me time to have another kind of insight. Relationships after all, are more important than words can say.
In His great love,
Rebekah




No comments:
Post a Comment