And I know His word never fails
And I know my God made the way for me here
Salvation is here...
Been listening to Paulynn's copy of "United: Look To You" and I really like the whole album.
Last Sunday, spent some time with God and my journal. As I was also reading "And The Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity", I felt that I need to evaluate and re-stand on my foundation.
God is sovereign! Jesus is enough!
I am determinde to be governed by my values, not my heart!
Okay, anywayz. Won't go into deep details about that.
Been using Pr Kevin Loo's Everyday Devotional Vol. II and nowadays the verses he took are from Proverbs! The book of wisdom!
1 Timothy 4:12b
"Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." So important to live like that in this world now!
Took a break from maths and studies...gotta go back to it soon. :)
Did my speaking trials yesterday. So cool...though I was nervous I think I pulled it off..
I wrote this for MUET homework...what do you think?
Child Abuse: A Social Menace
Someone once raised the question, "If your child ask you for a biscuit, would you have given him a snake instead?" It would be heads shaking in answer. Yet, in a world that we are living right now, some might have nodded. The history of child abuse, though not rampant in early centuries, is becoming more infamous than ever.
Dailies, electronic media and novels in this century constantly highlighted this social problem. We hear of unimaginable treatment that leaves a child with scalded skin or open wounds. Many of these cases go unheard and the children are left to fend for themselves, deteriorating physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
As many cases go unsaid, all the more many reasons are left unknown. Experts believe that it is mainly to be blame on the guardians. Setting too high expectations would only lead to disappointment and the child who failed to please suffers. Adults who were once abused may grow to be abusers themselves. Unfortunately, there are also some who feel that they should exert full authority on the child, resulting in a death-like grip of "discipline".
The growing child who has been through any kinds of abuse will have a distorted health and growth. As mentioned earlier, these abused ones may turn out to be abusers themselves in future. Scarred and bitter for life, the child may never experience the full joy of living. In the end, we will get a society where love and morality cannot develop, instead, a cloud of bitterness and fear will continue to cloak the sky.
Blessedly, there are hearts that are fighting against this abuse; setting up organisations and reinforcing laws to save the future generation of the world. Drop-in centres and help lines are being set up everywhere just to cater for this growing need of love and acceptance. Adults are also receiving help. After all, one major reason of child abuse is the inability to show love towards the child.
Sophocles, an ancient philosopher gave a very interesting thought: "One word frees us all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." Let us then, learn to love others as ourselves for, "If you are hungry, would you have feed yourself a snake instead?"
Someone once raised the question, "If your child ask you for a biscuit, would you have given him a snake instead?" It would be heads shaking in answer. Yet, in a world that we are living right now, some might have nodded. The history of child abuse, though not rampant in early centuries, is becoming more infamous than ever.
Dailies, electronic media and novels in this century constantly highlighted this social problem. We hear of unimaginable treatment that leaves a child with scalded skin or open wounds. Many of these cases go unheard and the children are left to fend for themselves, deteriorating physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
As many cases go unsaid, all the more many reasons are left unknown. Experts believe that it is mainly to be blame on the guardians. Setting too high expectations would only lead to disappointment and the child who failed to please suffers. Adults who were once abused may grow to be abusers themselves. Unfortunately, there are also some who feel that they should exert full authority on the child, resulting in a death-like grip of "discipline".
The growing child who has been through any kinds of abuse will have a distorted health and growth. As mentioned earlier, these abused ones may turn out to be abusers themselves in future. Scarred and bitter for life, the child may never experience the full joy of living. In the end, we will get a society where love and morality cannot develop, instead, a cloud of bitterness and fear will continue to cloak the sky.
Blessedly, there are hearts that are fighting against this abuse; setting up organisations and reinforcing laws to save the future generation of the world. Drop-in centres and help lines are being set up everywhere just to cater for this growing need of love and acceptance. Adults are also receiving help. After all, one major reason of child abuse is the inability to show love towards the child.
Sophocles, an ancient philosopher gave a very interesting thought: "One word frees us all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." Let us then, learn to love others as ourselves for, "If you are hungry, would you have feed yourself a snake instead?"
This is my shortest essay ever written in my whole life! Reason being I need to K.I.S.S it so yeah...this short...of course it's not the best, I am after all, not the best in writing factual essays.
(K.I.S.S = Keep It Sweet & Simple)
Gotta go study now! TTFN, ta ta for now!
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::




No comments:
Post a Comment