Friday

Incorporation

When people talk about singing, we have lots of things we can discuss about. But surely the one thing that audiences always talk about would be the feeling they get from the singing and the music itself.

Though I find singing very much self-gratification at times, it's also very obvious that singing or music is very important for others. Music expresses our soul, expresses our thoughts and putting those emotions that usually cannot be express just with words.

I believe that's why God gave us arts, to express ourselves fully.

But somehow when we cannot tap into our hearts, we cannot let the art flow out of us. My vocal teacher mentioned that it's with love that we can truly express ourselves.

Hmm..whatever happened to restrain? Hehe.


Though I think love should be given out generously, without any returns, I also believe that love brings itself risks. Only one who dare to love will dare to risk everything for love.


Anywayz.

Singing actually requires lots of acting. Not everyone will have experiences of falling in love, breaking up, losing loved ones, rebellion, etc the same way and the same story. And we will sing songs of a different story, of different experiences.

So we have to learn to take stories from other people and live out their character for a while, during the duration of the song. That's why I find it difficult and yet necessary to learn and cultivate the acting in me.

BUT...I must learn to balance everything out. Because balance is the key! And who is the Master of Balance? God of course.

Well, now, I have to learn to incorporate more emotions into my songs.

Love more. Love more. Love more.

No comments: