Wednesday

Looking Through His Eyes

A Korean pen-pal thought I was Korean by looking at my family name.

This gave me a thought.

We are actually all the same. All of us have the same color of blood. African, American, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, European, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, etc...

And the fact that we can learn about each other's culture and language says that we are equal. An African can speak Chinese as well, if not, better than I do and similarly, I can learn his/her language as well, may it be Swahili or Zulu.

I think this race barrier can only be lifted when we see that we are equal and when we are filled with love for other people. And for me, this kind of love can only come from understanding and from the Source Himself.

Not only so, when we look through His eyes, then we can learn to see the rich, the poor, the highly-ranked or the untouchables with the same eyes. We are all but humans and though we may be varied in terms of skin, language, culture, status, education and etc factors, we are all humans, created in the image of God, and we all flow the same kind of blood.

So, let us never look at another human being with our own eyes, but looking at them with eyes of Love, eyes of His. An area I have to learn as well.


**

I'm learning lots of things from God, and over time I forget them again. But gentle reminders, sometimes maybe not so gentle, will wake me up to this again. But...I do hope I don't forget my lessons... Heh.

No comments: