Friday

STPM

I still remember the time when I went to take my STPM results. Being very discreet and secretive, I went when it's time to close shop. Haha...I mean, the staff wants to go for lunch. Yeah, I was that late. The results were suppose to be out early in the morning, but I went during lunch hours. Eh, working mah.

I didn't bother about my results first cause we have to tear the sides to see our results. See, so nice, we get the government helping us to keep our secret.

So anywayz. After signing, I went ahead and tore it open. My relief were immense. The most important thing is I didn't fail any subjects! Especially Maths! I was already starting to have nightmares about failing Maths and subsequently failing to get into some nice uni like where I am in now. Worst, I can't get a scholarship! Yeah, so it's pretty daunting if I should ever fail Maths.

So, imagine my excitement. Almost fail though. Haha...2 minuses, and I'll be gone.

But but but...God had been faithful then. So I managed to obtain a scholarship and then enter into the uni I am in now today. So, it's pretty cool and amazing.

Not only so, I managed to score 4 out of 5 uni applications. I failed the Sunway College interview. Not that I want to enter Sunway after visiting their campus. No offence.

Yeah, it's been a pretty amazing journey. My STPM road.

One thing about Form 6 is that it somehow teaches you to be a little more hardworking. And if you work before Form 6 or after Form 6 while waiting for your uni application results, you get to learn to be independent. Or not. It all depend if you still get allowance from your parents then! And oh, don't work as a promoter. A waiter or office work is still fine. Promoter seems a little too free. I don't know. People I've known working part time as promoter seems to be happily shopping everyday. Haha...but that's just me. Of course, if you have something you really want to buy, and you work for it, somehow the expenditure seemed to be very restricted. Cause really, working for only about RM50 a day isn't really a passport for you to spend on phones, clothes and all that jazz. Some fresh grads are really tight on budget. Some remain tight on budget until now.

One great advice: The more you get, the more you will spend. SO, go figure. (pun not intended)

Then, after you've worked, you will find out that full day job is really tiring. So, you'll want to go study again. Or not.

Then, you'll get into an uni, you might do something you like, or something you absolutely detest but have no choice doing.

Honestly, another great advice: Not everyone end up working what they studied.

So? It's like that. If you get a chance to obtain a scholarship, get it. And treasure it. Not everyone gets scholarship. And not everyone treasures it. I still remember the incident of how my English teacher back in Form 6 remembers people in London spending away their JPA scholarship on Haagen Daz. So, yeah. Treasure it. Not Haagen Daz. Treasure the scholarship!

Then, you study study study...then you come out to work. THen you will feel like going back to studying again. Hey, you get school or campus holidays then. When you work, unless you are sick or with valid reason, you have to work everyday, even with the semester holidays in schools! Yeah, it's pretty horrid to think about full day work. But you really get to be independent. Wait till you have to buy a car or a house. You will know really how to be tight on budget!

Then getting married and having kids...

Okay, I'm going too far forward.

So, rich kids still need to be independent. No offence. Unless the money's your own, you will find no qualms in spending it lavishly. Funny.

Oh well.



p/s: I wonder what has gotten into all those people taking 19 subjects in SPM. I mean, for goodness sake, what for?! All that for a scholarship? Or a chance to go to England? You will be shock to see that what you studied in Form 5 is all basic only. Basic. And it's not even correct. They cheated on the History syllabus with a picture of civilized people posing to be uncivilized. They make the carbon look easy on Chemistry. When we went into Form 6, it was like an eye-opener. It's never the same. You think it's the same. It's not. So, why bother that 19 subjects thingie? I got only 5As in my SPM out of 9 subjects. Yet, I was in Form 6 and then got into an uni associated with an UK university. ...

No comments: