Tuesday

Remember Me This Way

It would be a bad day to blog.

Carissa and David will be leaving in just a few hours time. Chia Pei left a month ago. A few more leaving later in June. Many had left.

I have nothing to offer them. Sadly, I can't be a good friend when I don't see my friends anymore which is really awful, cause procrastination on my part will make me look bad. Not that I don't remember them, I do! Somehow, the forgetful me can remember many things they did and many things we did. Just by their laughter, I can already remember them.

And yet and yet and yet...I don't know which is harder, me to leave or them to leave. When I just left for NS which is only 3 months, I had shed tears and cried silently.

Having a bold front was not a difficult task. Sad but true, I can be as strong as possible, or the other way round. Usually I end up consoling others, instead of we consoling each other.

Had a message from Caris today. Don't know if she received mine. Was touched by what she said. David already sent his long time ago.

Years gone by, I felt that I have mellowed down a lot. Imagination now takes only 10% of my usual demeanour. Most of the time, I am either too practical or too serious. I still can make people laugh, of course, but just too serious. Or at least I think of it this way.

Remembered the song that featured in Casper soundtrack sang by Jordan Hill: "Remember Me This Way"...

Every now and then
We find a special friend
Who never lets us down
Who understands it all
Reaches out each time you fall
You're the best friend that I've found

I know you can't stay
A part of you will never ever go away
Your heart will stay

I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
If life will just be kind
To such a gentle mind
And If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way

I don't need eyes to see
The love you bring to me
No matter where I go
And I know that you'll be there
For ever more a part of me you're everywhere
I'll always care

I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
If life will just be kind
To such a gentle mind
And if you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way

And I'll be right behind your shoulder watching you
I'll be standing by your side in all you do
And I won't ever leave as long as you believe
You just believe...

Well, not exactly the farewell song since she was talking bout Casper. I wished that I could do more for all that left and leaving. I wished.

Night falls
The moon rises
Like a young girl
Shy of her features
The clouds are her fan
The veil for her to dance

I sit by the sill
As the world slowly
Walks as time turns
Discreetly singing
"Tick, tock, tick"

My fingers touched the dust
Time can only accumulate
Tears fell none
Memories sprang up

I thought I would be strong
But its harder to bear
Silently I wished
This will pass soon
This farewell
This tear drop

Gently the wind passes by
Ruffling leaves of sweetness
Of encouragement and love
You were precious
A gem and a pearl
The world can't buy

Au revoir,
Knowing I mayn't see you
Destiny unpredicting
I only hope
I may see again
Your smile
Your love
The blessing from on high
Fingerprints of a gentle Creator

Maybe one day
You may tap me on the shoulder
"Remember me?"
Longing for that day
I will wait
Fingers crossed
I will wait
No more tears
I will wait...

©Danielle Avril; I Will Wait. All Rights Reserved.

Ahn nyung hi ka se yo, chingoo! (Goodbye, friend!)

::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::

No comments: