Saturday

Vrroom Vrroom...

Today's my first time hitting 110 km/h in a relatively new car.


Today's the first time someone took me go drifting.


Today's the first time I drove an auto car.

Today's the first time I was interviewed twice by a celebrity.


Today's the first time I saw Liang face to face and actually spoke to him.

Today's the first time I went to the AU Sports Carnival.

Today's the first time I saw V's girlfriend and talked to her.


Today's the first time I had cotton candy after a long time.



Today's the first time I talked to my campus student counsellor for more than a few seconds.


Today's the first time I could be myself and kidded with my seniors.


Today's the first time I see clowns in a Sports Carnival.


Today's the first time I went APIIT Smart School in Subang.


But today's not the first time I joined a Sports Day.


But today's not the first time I drive another manual car other than my own car.


But today's not the first time I break traffic rules. (Oops. Not my fault directly anyway. :S)


But today's not the first time I got bored tired and came back early. (Ha!)


But today's not the first time I missed my friend's game.


But today's not the first time I got interviewed in front of a camera. (though the camera was a digital camera with video recording abilities.)


But today's the first time I did test driving. I always have this fear of banging the car or something else, but then V and his girlfriend were encouraging me to just go for it. Then, I kiasu...so I went and test drive...


...a Proton Savvy with AMT transmission...



..and a Proton Satria Neo manual transmission...

Honestly? I'm a little surprised at what the two cars can do...though for a while I thought my heart's gonna jump out when this guy took us go drifting in a Satria Neo...

I don't know anything much about cars except what I learn from reading, listening to my dad and watching Discovery Real Time, Jeremy Clarkson and the DW's program about cars...so I can't give a definite evaluation.


What I can say is...




Savvy hug corners real well. If you are thinking of it, it's suitable for practical use...a little bigger and taller than the Kelisa, smaller than the Myvi. But around the same stuff..except a thingamajig called AMT transmission or Auto-Manual transmission. So pretty interesting to drive...thence, my first time driving an auto car. Well, at least I have some confidence driving the Myvi auto now. Hmph.



Satria is more for the speed afficionados. It's chassis is more stable (for a new car) so when go through bumps, it's cool and smooth. And being a bigger car and higher cubic centimeter (1600 cc) capacity, so when driving at high speed, it's still stable. (Same goes for every big cars.) Yeah...then the guy took us go drifting a little. Haha. But practicability? Nay. If you are a tall person, Satria's the headache..literally, cause its roof and seat distance is small and thence, it's like a Gen-2, not careful, and you'll get your head hit over a bump. You want speed, then Satria's the thing. If not, it will be like owning a Skyline but riding at 80 km/h. Well, Proton did get overboard with their Lotus technology. Thence, the cars don't sell well. And thus Proton's facing a problem with over production and under sales...they should come out with more practical models though. Nice looking, and practical.

But...it was a nice drive. It's always nice to drive new cars.




Now...next car to test drive...Perodua Viva. (to which John sang: Viva forever...and then I missed my name during attendance roll in Malaysian Studies class because got so fascinated with the article.)


I'm sticking to smaller cars now...big cars seem a little too overbearing. For now, the Kelisa and Myvi still works well.

No comments: