5 assignments: half down, the other half to go.
Yay, I'm going to watch Pirates 3.. FINALLY.
And I could finally watch Meet The Robinsons. Honestly, the ending makes me cry. Poor Goob...
Now listening to Avril makes me want to watch Eragon...
As Brian would say, horror movies are only horror if the music or film score is there. If you mute the sound, you will find all their acting lame, even hilarious.
Therefore, it's always important to have a great film score/soundtrack to accompany movies. So even if the show is not that interesting, like how critics say about Eragon, people would remember the song sung by Avril.
Similarly, if a show is mediocre and the soundtrack is also mediocre, people may just forget the story.
To make a great movie, you need great scores.
To make a memorable movie, you need good soundtracks.
Who still remembers Moon River? Many may not know the name, but play the melody and people will remember the movie, "Breakfast in Tiffany's".
Who still remembers Pretty Woman? Reading the song's title and probably people can sing the first line of the song. Girls may even gush about Richard Gere even if they have not watched the movie.
I'm not sure if Dashboard Confessional's Vindicated would be memorable to be linked to Spiderman 2 but I sure remember that.
And when box office hits come out, people would be humming the soundtrack...like Avril's "Keep Holding On", Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" from "Meet The Robinsons", Phil Collins' "You'll Be In My Heart" from "Tarzan" and even Michael Buble's "Spiderman" from "Spiderman 2"!
Personally, I love film scores. I often drowse myself in film scores. Even though they are just orchestral performance, they are actually able to move the soul and emotions even without the visual screen. My personal favorites are Titanic, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings and a few others. Not Star Wars or horror movie stuff though. Something that is grand and beautiful, orchestral kind of stuff.

Ahh...




No comments:
Post a Comment