Wednesday

Redeem Me

Oh won't you redeem me
The pain I disguise within me
Take me back with you
Let me fly on wings again


Lala...

This early morning I wrote a song...yes, surprise, surprise. I said that I was going to stop writing lyrics, but the more I tried to suppress it, the faster inspirations come.

So, what's the point.

This song is quite sad. I've been studying lyrics written by lyricist in Mandarin pop songs, so I am learning how to write implied meanings...

But of course, when I write implied meanings, I end up using 成語 (idioms). Wow. Like that works.

But this is just an attempt. I am not satisfied with where I am. Haven't got the melody to this. Just hope that one day if God is willing that I get involved in the industry, then maybe, just maybe I can be better.

But that is another matter altogether.

Do tell me if the vocabulary is wrong and the grammar sucks. Really, I need some harsh comments. :)

Of course if you think it's awesome, do tell me also lah. Don't just criticise me aje.

沙漠由風起飛舞
包庇困惑的淚珠
愛是非自有公論
愚弄浮脆的心緒

隨遺忘掘起悲思
逼出寂寥的哀嘆
諳於不諳於傷感
我已然懂得微笑

感情上的衾寒枕冷
期盼沒收穫的付出
也許愛
也許恨

我把自己隱蔽於傀儡內
面具戴上自然口是心非
鎖定心田
追挽不及
當天彼此刺痛的懊悔
你把攥住的手心全收回
雨季顯得符合眼掉的淚
跨越自卑
總算安慰
難以割捨卻沒有機會
挽回

隨遺忘掘起悲思
逼出寂寥的哀嘆
諳於不諳於傷感
我已然懂得微笑

感情上的咫尺天涯
隨呼吸飄散在胸膛
也許錯
也許對

I used phonetics way of writing to type this okay. Took me long enough, but when it's worth it, it's seriously worth it.

Rough translation of the lyrics:

The wind blows the desert in a flying dance
Encompass a confused teardrop
Right or wrong of love will be given its opinion by the public
Fooling the weak and fragile heart

Follow oblivion bring up sad thoughts
Force out the lonesome lament
Whether I am well-versed in being melancholy
I already know how to smile

The cold-emptiness-of-the-bed of relationships
Looking forward to an unfruitful sowing
Maybe love
Maybe hate

I hide myself inside a wooden puppet
Obviously with the mask on I don't say what I mean
Lock up my heart
Can't chase after
The regret of the hurt that was hurled at each other
You took back your hand and your heart that was with me
The monsoon season seemed to fit in with the tears that fall from my eyes
Step over low self-esteem
Sure enough there is comfort
It's hard to break ties but there wasn't a chance
To redeem

Follow oblivion bring up sad thoughts
Force out the lonesome lament
Whether I am well-versed in being melancholy
I already know how to smile

The so-close-yet-so-far of relationships
Follow the breathing that drift and disappear within the chest
Maybe wrong
Maybe right


Wah, so emo.

No comments: