Monday

Accountability

Accountability: what does that mean?

In a nutshell: Accountability is simply being responsible for your actions.

I learned it through my leaders in church and I realised how irresponsible I have been. And because of that, I am learning how to be more responsible and accountable.


So I get a little annoyed when people don't play their part.

I get very annoyed when they go and 嗆聲 (argue back) at me, as if I'm the one to be blamed.


For goodness sake, if you don't know how to manage your time, don't blame it on people who push you for datelines.

Very well, you can all go and say all kinds of things. Whatever it is, I'm not someone to be bullied like a doormat. I don't care what kind of personality you have, laidback or not. If you can't deliver, I can wait. But waiting has its limits.


Yes, I am very annoyed now.


Goodness, please go and learn how to manage your time and stop giving excuses, plausible or not.


I feel like I'm apostle Paul talking to the Philippians regarding confidence in the flesh.

"If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless." (3:4b-6)

So if these people think that they have excuses, I can have more.



The key:
Don't take up more than what you can handle. We are not created to be superheroes. If you need to say no, say no. Don't be nice about it and end up annoying another person. Unless you are superman and has plenty of time to kill, then do whatever you want.


Another key:
Never overestimate yourself. Know yourself well enough to know what you can do and how fast you can do it. Always give yourself buffering time to sort out any problems you might face. Prepare for the problems to come.


(Just like Peter saying about persecution. "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you." - 1 Peter 4:12. Though that does not apply to the above statement, but hey, the essence is still: be prepared!)

The last key:
Always be accountable to the people who delegate to you responsibilities! If you find that you will be late, tell them in advance. If you cannot do it, tell the relevant people in advance. It can save your reputation as well!

No comments: