Monday

A Dreaming Sea

I had a dream just now.

Like a fleeting image, if I do not write it down I would forget it.








Jisun - Rollercoaster Love

I was once again at my old neighbourhood. The place where I grew up for the past 10 years. I spent the most of my childhood here and my teenage forming years here. But I did not go to my house, rather, I stood inside a club, and went into the manager's office to take the motorbike key. The manager was a friend. I passed by a lonely stranger drinking. I did not see his face, I only saw the back of his head. He was bald. But I was wearing my helmet and couldn't see well. The helmet felt heavy on my head.

I left the club, happy and went to the uncovered car park just outside the apartment blocks. There was the motorbike, owned by my sister, borrowed by me. I lifted it out from the enclosure and I heard singing. His voice was like the ones you hear on the radio, clear, deep and soulful. Interestingly, I did not find out whose voice it was. I only waited till the song finished.

I find myself riding the motorbike quite skillfully. I remember I rode it once, but only driving it at the first gear. Now, I sped up a little. And soon I was having a blast of a time.

And I came a stretch of road by the sea. Like a cliff overlooking the sea, I was amazed by the beauty of the sea.

At a distance, I saw hills and mountains nearer and bigger as I approach them, still sticking to the road. I've been here before, I told myself. This was my second escapade to the place. The dream had repeated itself. I saw rainbowful colours of water flowing down one mountain, another mountain had reflection like glass, reflecting the sun in rainbow colours.

I was awed. The mountain range kept its green and it was the most green green that you will ever see. The sea was a deep shade of bluish grey and very calm. The road in front of me began to be blocked by reddish rocks. I remembered the first time it happened. It will clear for me to pass through. What lies beyond the rocks, I did not pursue the second time. I just told myself that I want to bring my sister here the next time I come.

And then I wanted to take a picture.

And the whole dream suddenly took a sharp turn into an LG camera phone commercial, featuring a 15-megapixel camera, with its picture captured with excellent sharpness. The picture taken was a happy child on an amusement park ride. The child looked Asian. To take a picture, press the middle button.

I whipped out the phone to take the pictures of the mountains floating above the sea.

And I woke up.


*above is a true account. Dreams always have a weird way of associating your memories. But seriously, what's with the LG camera phone commercial? What does this mean, will I star in a LG commercial? Work in a LG account and this is my idea? 15 megapixel. Wow. I even remembered that. Haha.

No comments: