Monday

Reading

Thanks to a certain Korean drama, 베토벤 바이러스 (Beethoven Virus), I rediscover my love for the classical orchestra. I still love strings and piano, to sit and enjoy the great classics and romanticism that composers have spent their days upon.









Thanks to a certain Korean drama 스타의 연인 (Star's Lover), I rediscover a perseverance for reading books, especially classics. I admit, all these can be just temporary. I admit, I am swayed by the soundtracks and cinematography.

If I watched 돌아온 일지매 (Return of Iljimae), I'd probably want to learn Taekwondo again. Just kidding.

It is interesting, and also unnerving that what you watch, what you listen to can really influence you.

However, I've always wanted to really like reading. I used to love them when I was a kid or younger. I used to love them when classics are remade like "Pride & Prejudice". I used to love them. Then, I grew up with the television.

Astro, you culprit.

Hallyu, you culprit.

Taiwanese variety shows & idol dramas, you culprit.

Mythbusters, you...


I am rediscovering my passion for reading. I still read, though very much sitting on modern crime fictions or legal fictions or even sci-fi, now without the time to read, even more so I need to make time for it.

I remember because I read, I wrote. Now I don't write, because I don't read. I used to post a note in Facebook saying how I can't use bombastic words...only because I don't know how to use them. Fair enough. But I see a reason for using such words, like Chinese, they are specific. Just like the word 'sad' is only a general conception of the emotion, there are so many more specific words that describe the expressions perfectly.

To quote Blackmoore in his "Lorna Doone", in short, I am an ignoramus, especially when it comes to literature (which maybe I should have taken it as a major, though halfway through the semester, I might resort to giving up, crying difficulty.), but well enough to have a vague imprint of the writers' name and books they write.

Yeah, like that is going to be so fantastic. Wikipedia can do much better than me.

I like to write, that's why I like languages (now, that is). I don't like text books still, cause they are still academically dry. But I like a good story, like The Little Prince, and I like to write good stories. So, if I want to write good plots, I should read up more, no?

No comments: