Thursday

Valentine's Drama

(Play the song while you read. I think it will add much to the emotions of the story. Haha. nb: it's gonna be cheesy. Didn't say I didn't warn you.)









I wish I can live in a fictitious world.

I can hold his hand and sing to him without feeling embarrassed in public. We maybe can walk to the park everyday, feel within our palms the warmness of our perspiration, which then cools down while we hold each others' hands again to warm our hearts up. Birds would fly across our heads and sing in their chorus.

When time stands still, we'd continue to sit by the stream to watch the sunset in ten different cities, capturing our laughter on the Polariod. We'd be able to frolic around like little children, our joy fills us throughout the day and all the way till tomorrow.

We would capture ourselves in slow motion, amidst a frenzy of haste, we would be able to see each others' hair slowly moving in the wind, our hearts being clearer for each other. We would be able to understand each other much better.

Now and then, a beautiful instrumental will play and we can savor those moments of true emotions. The sun will be in our eyes, the seas will not billow and roll, our fingers intertwined with our hearts in unison.

Not to forget, the villain will pose threats to our lives and yet again, another instrumental plays, showing us the urgency of the moment. Who will be the damsel in distress? Who will stand up to fight? Who will go and rescue our love? How great that reconciliation would be! With the enemy defeated and the victory won. Our tears would not have flown in vain. Wounds would heal and relationships would have been strengthened.

Once again, my fingers trailed yours, following the outlines one by one. Oh, how I will miss them when you are gone. How I will wish to be embraced by those big but gentle hands. My tears fall at night to think of your departure, my mind only registers your silhouette. And I had your hand to hold. Montages of our time together will flash before me, accompanied by another beautiful instrumental.

If I start to forget you, or who you are to me, I am only saved by your unconditional love. If we are trapped in a twilight zone, traveling back and forth, you would align your time to mine. And I would yours. I'd run to you after I read your worded confession and I would find you.

Of course, I would always miss him by seconds. I would be on the bus, he would just arrive at the station. He would be going into a lift, I will be coming out from another. We would find opposition from every side, and he would sometimes cry but I would not be able to see it. My pain, he would not see. But the other day when I tried to break up with him, he spotted me at the back of the taxi and started chasing the taxi. I, however, just cried and ask the driver to speed up.

You must have felt betrayed then, did you not?

And we will have montages of our time together flash before us at separate times but at the same heartbeat. Remember that ice-cream that fell on the ground? We were so hungry and greedy we both wanted to have that cherry. We then laughed at each others' distressed look. You looked so disappointed. Oh, do you remember the time when I was frightened by the cockroach? That was the first time we met.

If I could see your montage, I would see that when I almost drowned the other day, how you looked so frightened, so helpless and so dejected. You thought I would die that night. That was when you teared for the first time. I wished I could quickly wake up, throw in some sarcastic remark or simply just wipe away your tears. You would quickly wipe it before you see me I'm sure. You always tell me that men don't cry easily.

You would piggyback me, remember? I admit I am a clumsy girl, always breaking my heels, and you would chastise me, ask me to stop buying heels and start wearing flats, though I flatly refused. You thought you have got me converted to sneakers and Crocs, but I still beat you, my heels still won, though I still break them.

If we ever needed to break up, when times are tough and when both declared that we are both tired, I tried to let him go and he I. I would lock myself in the house and curl up on the bed and bury my tears under the sheets. He would drink himself to oblivion and curse himself for being so weak. If not, he would run to the edge of a cliff, a bridge or the beach and start yelling in exasperation. He is only human, and the separation would break both our hearts.

We will then rejoice in our reunion. I would run into his arms and squeal in delight. The big but gentle hands I greatly remember. He would light up fireworks for me and the whole park would be booked. We would skate on an empty rink, snuggle in front of the fire, swim together in the ocean, get stuck on a Ferris wheel or a cable car, ride bicycles together, wear couple shirts, read books together, watch a movie, watch the sunset and sunrise together, frolic in the water, wash the car together, take silly shots of ourselves...like how every other normal couples would do.

And with another beautiful instrumental, we would rock in our chairs as we start to lose our memory and agility, our hands still holding each others', till we close our eyes and are no more.


That is, if we lived in a fictitious world.

But even if we did not, I would still want to hold his hand and feel his big but gentle hand holding mine. Till I close my eyes and am no more.




(This story is fiction. I wanted to add some extra cheesiness, but even I got goosebumps. Eg. You must have felt betrayed then, did you not, darling? Ugh.

Happy Valentine's, everyone.)

No comments: