Sunday

Focus

I've been listening to pure Kpop nowadays, which mostly comprises of dance tracks from Brown Eyed Girls, Super Junior, Girls' Generation and the whole slew from Music Bank -- KARA, 4Minute, 2NE1, T-ara....

And I surprised myself, that I also wished I could be like them, singing while dancing, strutting like that, going all that sexy mexy rexy nexy (O.o) moves.

I even had a tiny thought about going clubbing.


WhhaaaaHtt? Me. Thinking about going clubbing.


Whoa, back up a little there, Reb! That's not me.


God gently reminded me this morning about why I am singing.

And there's no thunder cracking, no earthquake, no train hit, just a simple "Owh."


Yeah, I remember then, the purpose of me being here on earth, the purpose of me being blessed with an unique voice (for a Chinese) and the purpose of my purposes.


If I can't bless my listeners, if I can't glorify Him, however excellent I am, I have failed.


We sang 'Salvation Is Here' during celebration today. Wow. I remember the days of excitement and undying passion. And that bass solo (which Lemuel grooved) is gold (equivalent of sick, wicked, what-have-you).

As Switchfoot sang,

This is home
Now I'm finally where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching for a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah this is home

I've come too far
And I won't go back
Yeah this is home


So, I may never be a dance queen (cause frankly I can't dance to save my life ANYWAY) but I sure can bless people and help them. And...

Soli Deo Gloria.

Only to Him.

No comments: