Wednesday

I Kid Myself Sometimes

Finally the big monster FYP is 95% over. 5% is the editing, printing and all the other appendices to accompany.

And God had proven that He is faithful. He knows I can finish it. I just didn't trust Him and myself enough.

One thing about me is that I often like to plan for the future, to keep me motivated for today. It's pretty "forward thinking" cause at least I have a direction I want to go. The only catch is that those plans are HUGE and I change my plans often.

So, what are the things I want to do after I finish my exams (I haven't graduate cause technically I only get my results in November. So I don't graduate till I see the transcript. And that is only unofficial. If I think right, I have to wait till August next year for my convo. Happiness.)

...

I plan to dabble a little more on video editing, since I've got the equipments and lots of music and dramas. :) I want to see how much my creativeness can take me. So most probably I will expert-fy myself in Premiere and After Effects. XD

I have always wanted to do music videos for dramas/movies. I got a list of great Korean songs just waiting for exploration. Haven't done that before, but I shall try. Probably need to get another external hard disk to store my project files.

The songs that I want to use most are Loveholic's "Echo 메아리" and Jisun's "어떡하죠 What Am I to Do?" Interestingly, both are from drama soundtracks. Though BOF is already over aeons ago, I still want to use Jisun's song for a music video. She deserves one. HEHE. As for "Echo", I didn't watch "Snow Queen 눈의 여왕" but I'm thinking in the lines of Star's Lover. Too bad, I don't have the raws for the drama. True, the drama is slow and flawed, but the cinematography is pretty. I like it. So, let me see, I'd probably use it for Hello God or other suitable drama. :) Maybe I'll get a movie instead. Yeah, movie will be great.

Why do I want to dabble in video editing? Cause I want to see how far I can pace and direct something. Besides, it's a good exercise to build up my experience. A plan of mine is to pursue an external degree in film and/or theatre. I love film, I love cinematography, I love directing, I love producting, I love the backstage. I like to see how stories unveil themselves. Of course I can't go and direct a movie right now, cause I have no experience. That's why there is that plan to pursue another degree, but not another first degree lah. Probably a Master's in film or a graduate cert. and make more friends in the film industry. I can't use my videos as my portfolio though. Too much sensitive issues. Hehe.

Another thing is to create an user manual for my mom. Don't ask for explanations.

And of course, the first plan would most probably be watch all my dramas on my list. I am currently stuck in Episode 8 of Cinderella Man and have not moved since. I almost forgot the storyline liao. I will have to watch the whole thing to give comments about it. It didn't hook me as much as Star's Lover did. Serious! I don't know why I love the slow drama. Maybe the cinematography is beautiful. Maybe the sound score is awesome. But I did want to watch it, maybe because I hoped that the next episode would have been better. It did improve at 19, but 20 was just as meh.

And of course, watch all the movies on my list! I'm stuck with more than 10 movies but I haven't touch them yet.

As I am listening to K.Will's (my favorite male singer, period.) "쇼핑 Shopping", I think I can visualize another music video. Que Sera Sera maybe? :) Perhaps I should just do a collection of Hello God music videos. Hahaha.

I'm not sure if I want to watch Tazza. I'm okay with Jang Hyuk, I'm fine with Kim Min Joon but I LOVE THE SCORE. It sounds like a film score instead of a drama score. But I'm not too keen on seeing another gambling-action drama. I'm not even captured by "Swallow The Sun 태양을 삼켜라", which I heard is raking in good ratings.

But right now, I think I'm having more than enough dramas on my plate. I'm planning to watch "My Fair Lady 아가씨를 부탁해" and "You're Beautiful 미남이시 네요" which are airing last quarter of 2009. My, has 2009 passed so fast.

So, no more dramas till the lists are exhausted. They can sing praises about whatever, but I sat through "Insoon is Pretty", so that should be enough to say about my drama taste. Not to say I thoroughly enjoyed the drama. It was another slow and confusing drama. But I like Kim Hyun Joo ever since "Marry A Millionaire". So "Partner 파트너"'s on the list.

But of course I'm not just watching boring dramas or weak dramas (which I heard Triple, unfortunately, is not as strong as its predecessor Coffee Prince). I'm watching a few good ones as well. "My Fair Lady" should be exciting enough. I haven't watch a single Yoon Eun Hye drama (surprise surprise) except for some snippets of Goong, but I know how she can carry her character well enough and I've heard enough about her. So, let MFL be the first. Then there is "Return of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매" which is pretty and another music to the ear. I'm a sucker for good soundtracks and cinematography. And ah, there is the mania drama which didn't do so well in ratings, "The Slingshot/The Story of a Man 남자이야기" but people are singing praises about. Mania dramas.

And ah, further to the east. Just because I like Kimutaku under the pen of Fukuda Yasushi, the screenwriter for my favorite dorama "Hero", I'm watching "CHANGE".

And I'm rewatching "Hello God" and "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (a.k.a The Man Who Cannot Get Married)" from the beginning. I left out some episodes in between so I like to watch from the start again. 다시 시작 처음부터...

Okay. I sound shallow. :)

No comments: