I'm not very good in writing rap, but was just writing what I feel and it's a prayer also. I'm glad that He's helping me to overcome myself.
Verse 1:
It’s from all sides
An unspoken, unconscious pressure
That speaks to me, taunts me
It creeps from my back
To cripple and break the faith
I was set out to be
The me no longer me
I was old, now I’m new
But how it grapples,
How it grabs hold
Even just at the hem of my soul
Pre-chorus (rap):
He hears, He sees
Gives me the courage and strength
To break free, to see beyond all the
Glitter and the temporary
And I’ll fly even higher above my view
With mercy and grace that always renew
I’m no longer the same
I’d rather be changed
No longer lost in the maze of my past
Since He’s set me free
It’s home at last
Chorus:
I am free, no longer slave to your misery
He strengthens me, no longer weakened by your trickeries
Verse 2:
Hear how it calls
How it rolls and run within the mind
That attracts me, tempts me
To a hornet’s nest
A wild greed that burns within
Consume my new found me
The me no longer me
I was old, now I’m new
But how it confuse,
How it traps me
Like a magician’s optical illusions
Bridge/Coda:
He loves me, He knows me
He watches over me
His joy is my strength, strength made perfect in my weakness
And I will trust Him completely
I am free
Btw, the story behind this song has very much to do with my upcoming singing exam, which involve me dancing as well. The thing is, ever since I sang one time very well, I couldn't sing up to that level anymore. And my former teacher told me that I don't sing as well as I used to.
And this exam, being more complicated is also stressful because of having to prepare a backup song in case I fail. I mean, it's that bad. I'm praying very hard I don't fail, but my practices have been going from bad to worse.
And so, I'm beginning to feel really discouraged and some part of me felt really fearful and some part just feel like giving up. Yet yet yet. I believe God is still there helping me, if not for His strength, I would really want to give up and not bother practicing anymore or just quit altogether. This is what happens when you make yourself promise that you will finish something till the end.
So, please pray for me as I continue to practise. I pray that I will not let myself be so stressed up by the exam but I will just be doing my best for God. Well, if I pass this round, I believe it's God who should be glorified since He has helped me overcome the one barrier of dancing. Cause I used to think I can't dance to save my life! HAHA.
I still can't dance enough to save my life, but it's a good start, nonetheless. :)
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment