Saturday

Just As I Am

I love how Nichole Nordeman's rendition of the classic hymn "Just As I Am (Without One Plea)" by Charlotte Elliott.

Somehow, I want to do that as well.

I've always wanted to write CCM songs, I think praise and worship is inherent, easier to write about rather than love songs about boy-girl relationships. Perhaps that's because I've never experienced a true romantic relationship before.

Anywayz.

The music is different from the hymn but I referenced heavily from the original hymn especially at the choruses.

Verse 1:
Where was I before I truly lived?
When You placed the stars above my bed
In the darkness I have failed to see
The love that You have shown to me

Pre-chorus 1:
You said that You have come for me
Though broken, fearful and unclean
That You have said that I’m Your friend
And that You call me to draw near

Chorus 1:
So just as I am I’ll come
To You without any else
But a plea that You
Have died for me and set me free
So just as I am I’ll come to Thee

Verse 2:
My guilt and folly they follow me
Always there in my darkest alleys
In the midst of all I hear Your voice
The strength I find in You alone

Pre-chorus 2:
You said that You have come for me
Though scarred and weak with feeble knees
That You have said that You’re with me
And that You call me to draw near

Chorus 2:
So just as I am I’ll come
To You, poor, wretched and blind
But in You I find
Sight, riches, healing of the mind
So just as I am I’ll come to Thee

Repeat Chorus 1


Coda:
To be Yours now and Yours alone
So just as I am I’ll come to Thee

No comments: