You know, Avril Lavigne has this song entitled "Don't Tell Me". I kinda like the lyrics of the song. Quite cool to tell a guy to back off. Hehehe...but the song is really garbled up...especially nearing the chorus...my sister couldn't get what was she singing.
Don't try to tell me what to do,
Dont try to tell me what to say...
If we twist the lyrics a bit, can make it into a song that says to the media who pressurizes us teens (not really in Msia yet, but its getting stronger) to having erm...so called safe sex. I read through Dannah Gresh's "And The Bride Wore White: Seven Ways to Sexual Purity" and wow. She's real. Hahaha...before that I also read No Apologies. All this I read in NS...seems like NS gives more time to read books than back here...hmm...
Anyway, I was talking to Jehanne just now. She reminded me about what I spoke to Hai Sheng the other day...cause so many people in church are leaving for overseas and some have left. (Chia Wen just left. I really miss her. Saw those 80++ pictures she sent...felt like crying instead of smiling. I miss everyone who left...I don't miss me when I left for NS...hmm...I just miss everyone else...aw.)Others, yet to leave. He laughed at it and then said something like this: "Someday, it will be you too." I laughed at it myself. Well, life is really unpredictable. God can just place us anywhere at anytime. Is it really a way of life? Do people have to leave for overseas to study? Of course, not all. I don't plan to...for now. God knows what course I'll end up taking after my Form 6.
Talking about Form 6...I went to buy my shoes, socks and books today. Do the syllabus looks tough! By God's grace, I can manage. I hope. I told my sister that I felt really old because now I'm in Form 6. Imagine that! 18 years old. I still remember the dream I had when I was only 5! (Yeah, it's something bout my uncle bringing in durians. I had no idea why I had that dream. But it was my first technicolour dream.) Then, she said, "Wait till you come to uni." I said to her, "I'll feel much older." No, I don't mean old as in having a tongkat to walk...but old as in growing up. Of course, I want to be a teenager always (note: teenager, not kid) but sometimes, I want to grow up and be an adult to help teenagers...those are really big dreams...hahaha...but I still feel old. And I'm going to school wearing school uniform. Feels so weird. I hope the uni I go to next time doesn't require us to wear uniforms. One thing is ... don't we ever outgrow 'em? Cause it should be time...or maybe not.
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment