Yesterday night was really a tough time for me. I knew the tendency for me when I come back from NS is to slip back to my old self…Its not even one week and I've already backslided a little. I guess God knows that He's not gonna waste what He has already done, so that night, just a little conviction from my dad's word, He opened my eyes to see the my spiritual condition.
As I was crying away, unable to forgive myself, I wrote my journal with hate for myself. Jesus was just gently telling me that I should forgive myself. If not, He can't forgive me. I asked Him, "Why are You wasting Your time on me? Do I even deserve Your love? Why are You so gracious and loving? If I am You, I would punish me already. Why?" Those questions I asked, I had the answer. God's Word was the answer and I've read it.
His Word came assuring, "You know the answers yourself. You know that I love you that's why I created you. I know that My efforts on you are not wasted." Then this verse was able to reassure me, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
I have sinned. I have fallen short. I have tripped and fell on the rubbery track. Instead of rising up and brushing off the dust, I have sat down there and cried over a small abrasion. Did I not see the loving Saviour of mine coming with bandages and helping me up?
Because of Jesus, I could stand and rise again. Though with a limp, the leg will heal and I'll be able to walk strong again. But if it is only I continue to walk and not stop and stop. It is painful, the knee, but I'm not walking alone. Jesus is walking with me. His hand can support me and not let me fall.
The song that really help me to really want to change is written by Geoff Bullock "I Will Never Be The Same Again"
I will never be the same again
I can never return
I've closed the door
I will walk the path, I'll run the race
And I will never be the same again
Fall like fire, soak like rain
Flow like mighty waters
Again and again
Sweep away the darkness
Burn away the chaff
And let the flame burn
To glorify Your name
There are higher heights
There are deeper seas
Whatever You need to do
Lord, do it in me
The glory of God fills my life
And I will never be the same again
A definite practice-what-you-preach song. But a very meaningful song to constantly remind us that we should close the door. Many times we leave the door open, in case we want to go back. Sometimes, we close the door but after that, open it again. For me, I would really want to bolt the door and walk away...never touching that doorknob again. I would sent the door to the shredder machine like the one in Monster Inc. Never entering it again. That would be cool. But do we really have a shredder machine in our lives like the one in Monster Inc.?
since this is my new blog. I WOULD appreciate it if you guys n gals would comment. Thanks a lot.
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment