Tuesday

Shattered Glass

Okay, I have not watch that show until just now...on DVD...though I couldn't get the story at first (1998 incident...boy, I was only 12! Who would be so knowledgeable then to know about Stephen Glass?) So I went online and read out about him...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Stephen Glass in an interview on 60 Minutes. -picture from http://www.jeppe.dk

The things he does is quite amusingly scary.

I mean, to play con-man for a long time and to conned the whole US nation...

Seriously, I couldn't think of why he did it? Pride? Desperation? Only he can answer that question.

But truly, it just shock me to see people like that around...

Proves that I'm probably an ignoramus. :P Which I am...at least that's what my dad calls me yesterday...

Oh well.

As the BM proverb goes..."As high as the squirrel fly, it will fall down in the end..." or is it like that? I just remember the pictures. Well, the more generally known is, "The higher you climb, the harder you fall..." Oh.

Er...in case you are as ignorant as I was...
"In 1998, just months after being named editor of The New Republic, Charles Lane fired Stephen Glass for making up a story that ran in the magazine under the headline "Hack Heaven." At once outrageously detailed and seductively just-ahead-of-the-curve on the biggest business story of the day, "Hack Heaven" was about a teenage computer hacker whose agent essentially extorts a lucrative package from a software company that had been one of the hacker's victims. "Hack Heaven" was the last article Glass ever wrote, but as it turned out it was not the first time Glass had played fast and loose with the truth. In the end, Glass made up all or part of the facts behind 27 of the 41 articles that he wrote for The New Republic during his career there. As a freelance writer, he also wrote tainted stories for such publications as George, Harper's and Rolling Stone. " -excerpt from http://desiringhayden.net/aboutsg.html. Read full story on movie by clicking link. Mind you, small fonts.

But I think Hayden Christensen did a good job...Yeah.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hayden Christensen as Stephen Glass (L) and Peter Sarsgaard as Chuck Lane (R) who found out about his longtime fabrications and eventually fired him. -picture from http://www.cinema.com

Oh besides, I have decided to give credit for every source of picture and stuff like that to the original source from the INTERNET...kinda fun thing to do anyway.

Erm...facts are true okay. Appeared on
Forbes.com Archives by Adam Penenberg, the guy who investigated about Stephen Glass's article.
Stephen r. Glass Index by someone who is helpful to list down everything...

Sorry if I insulted anyone. I mean...Mr. Glass even wrote a book "The Fabulist" himself...about himself...

Yeah, so...yupz...

Just an interesting read.


+But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what GOD will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. My God will hear me.+

No comments: