What to do if you have to let go?
Will you lose if you choose to let go? Or the opposite?
The media pressures everyone to be involved in a relationship, but truly, is this what everybody wants?
Whatever happened to waiting? Whatever happened to friends and family?
When your girlfriends get boyfriends, are you suppose to get jealous? Do you get pressured to put a cardboard in front of you and say:
"SINGLE AND AVAILABLE. DESPERATE TOO. NEED A GUY WHO LOOKS LIKE BRAD PITT"
It sure looks weird, doesn't it?
The media expects us to always have a guy or a girl holding our hand or doing whatever couples do on TV.
Do we really do that?
Why are we expected?
It's always love story. Love story. One after another. If there is a guy, there must be a girl who has a love fling for him...or vice versa.
Not that I have anything to do against love stories. I love to watch them, though I can get quite sick of what they are showing after a while. The cliche is too boring.
Enoch said something profound when I "argued" with him about cliche remarks. He said, "Have you ever heard a guy saying to a girl 'I love you'? It might sound very cliche but if it's true, then it is the truth."
But love...suddenly it has become quite a cliche. No longer a phenomenon. People don't think the word love as eternal or unconditional or sacrificial...or do they?
How bad would it hurt to see someone you wish to see but you could not? Or someone you wish to speak to but you could not? To tell someone "I miss you, I love you" but you could not? It gets stuck in your throat everytime you pick up the phone and you just stop trying...It hurts. I know it hurts. You try to reach out but your hand could never touch...
Sometimes, we just have to let go. The irony is, when you let go, you get what you yearn for. But we are always so stubborn, holding fast to what is precious.
Choose properly. Choices do matter.
As for me, I choose to...
let go..
and let God.
+But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what GOD will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. My God will hear me.+
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment