Today, I will post in two posts. So, it won't impress on you that it's a LOOOOOOng post. (That is so not a right thing to tell you all now.)
I was bumming around (as how dear Wai Wai would put it) as usual after Chinese New Year. Trying to get myself to clean my closet, revamp my room, get all the cutie-itsy ornaments out again after my cousies have left (which is like in JANUARY!), and maybe get my picture taken (so NOT for vain purposes.), stuff like that...but of course I did none, being such a classic proscratinator.
Then Monday the 13th came, my dad just rushed out of his room and then said to me waving his hands in excitement, "I found you a job!" (okay, he didn't exactly say and do that, sounds as if he's so eager to get rid of me...bah.) But yeah, I finally got a job to work...duh.
Was quite nervous that night, cause this would be my first official work where bosses will stare at you and get ready to press you flat under their thumb, colleagues will poke fingers at you and talk between themselves, and maybe the whole world will just laugh at you for your slow-pokeness.
Tuesday came, and I was late! Hahaha...blame that on my dad cause he chauffered me to the workplace and we got stuck in a jam, but no worries cause he was there with me during the "introduction" to the H.R. manager, so I'm not scolded or anything.
I got introduced to my department colleagues, although before that, I had to sit through in a cold room and worry if I would laugh or just simply melt into pulp in front of the H.R. manager. In the end, I was still myself.
On the first day of my work, I was being taught so many things at once I was quite slow in catching. Maybe I just bummed around too much. Slowly, still under supervision, I am progressing. I got to know people around in the office though I don't really speak to them, I learn how to not greet bosses (okay, I'm kidding!), and I also learn that I must be firm in saying "PLEASE SEND THOSE STUFF A.S.A.P!". When a crisis came, I quickly ask my senior to answer the phone, while I sit like a ungrowing baby, biting my nails and rocking back and forth.
Then Friday came. I needed to be independent. That was the worse day. I must have gotten so anxious and stressed up cause my responsibility isn't small. Oops! A boo boo in the morning. Thank God they called my immediate boss and asked whether to send 20 bottles are a joke that we are playing on them. Well, the laugh is on them. Joke is on us.
Then, I got too excited, I kept dropping the phone and nearly burst into tears because of the phone. The person on the phone must have thought I went nuts, laughing and crying at the same time.
Then, of all things to lose, I lost a purchase order form. What a bell I am! (I can't use ding dong cause people like Dong would get offended. Bell works.) So frantic I became that I could not go home when it is time to go home...I felt like rummaging through the whole office and stay until 12 midnight. I kept calling myself a farcical bungler...even I have no idea what it meant.
Moral of the story: I have learned that I must know how to prioritise and how to handle my stress better. Cause I can't be dropping phones and losing P/Os all day, I could just get fired. I have learned that I cannot be rude or sound rude...I know I got a coarse voice and it sounds rough at the same time. I am RUDE, and I know that...
So hopefully in three months time, I will be a more disciplined, more cool-headed and more gentle Rebekah. I'd better be. If not, you will see me holding a cardboard, "Hire me please?"
Oh, for your information, you must have been wondering where in the deuce am I working. I'm working in Secret Recipe. No, not the 1U branch...the headquarters office.
Oh, I also think that working is better than studying. At least I get money to get stressed out and cry. Okay, maybe it doesn't work that way. But of course sometimes studying is better cause I don't need to cool down, I can just remain stress all the way. No daily deadlines...except homework, just that I am so not an avid fan of homework. But that is history..long time ago. Very long time ago.
Wish me all the best! :)
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment