Something happened yesterday and today that taught me something. Today was the worst.
I always think of myself pretty quick in grasping. (Okay, maybe in the area of lame jokes, I'm still slow.) And I pride myself when people compliment me with the word "efficient". Really, that is one compliment that I pride myself always. And it was a "reputation" I didn't want to see destroyed.
Pride covered my eyes to see myself to be some kind of fast learner. (Not studies, how come ah???) And I have to learn the meaning of humility the hard way.
I pride myself of being street smart-er than some people. But I am exactly as foolish as them, if not, maybe more foolish.
In the course of pride, I made mistakes I thought was irreversible, (which Hallelujah, thank God it was), and I made a mistake which cost me RM30.00. I know some of you would be like...ha...that little? Hey, I am quite stingy you know, especially with myself. (NOT.) I learned to always guard your money with your head. Don't spend unnecessarily. That's why sometimes I do impulse buying and it leaves me regretting for the rest of my life. And sometimes I don't spend on worthwhile things which makes me crave for it. So unbalanced.
So anyway. Pride caused me to lost RM30.00, with the possibility of another RM20.00. Sigh...
I realised that being proud does pay such a heavy cost. Pride does goes before a fall, but you know what? Sometimes, a fall is needed. If not, we won't be back on the ground to see Humility sitting there waiting for us.
Humility is not being a doormat. It's being silently strong. It's being knowing that all my good qualities come from only one Person. It's being not taking glory to myself.
It's about the heart to be self-effacing.
God help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment