Dearest all my readers, Wit & Witless Part 2 will have to wait for another week because I have not yet gotten back my CD filled with pictures so as to post and thus further humor you all. So, please do not go away, I will be back next Friday with the post that will make your computer hang.
So this week, my feature topic would be about rude shocks...
Wait. Why am I sounding like some columnist, must tell you all what am I going to say all the time??
Anywayz.
There have been several shocks in my life where I call them rude.
Dictionary.com has mentioned that rude means discourteous. It could also mean harsh to the ear.
Then what is shock? Again, our trusty Dictionary.com describes shock as a sudden or violent disturbance to the mind, emotions and sensibilities
So what does rude shock means? It should quite fairly explains itself.
As I've said, I have encountered many rude shocks in my life..more so recently as my brain starts to dwindle and shrivel up like a pea pod. (readers: ha?)
Like for an instant, when I was in 2001, I had a rude shock...
-when watching the twin towers of World Trade Centre gets bomb and crashes to the ground like a deflated balloon...
when I was in 2003, I had a rude shock...
-that I was selected for National Service.
In 2004...
-the tsunami that killed uncountable number of people around Acheh, Sri Lanka, Penang, Phuket, and where else did I miss?
Then in 2005...
-what?! Chicken POX!
-what?! STPM is so near already??!!
Then in 2006...
-Steve Irwin dies.
-I had to have a nose surgery...
and of course, nobody knows this except a selected few...
-I saved CSF's phone number with one wrong digit! And I only found out about it 2 and 1/2 months later though we were keeping in touch all the time! Hahaha...no wonder he receiveth nothing of my messages. And I blamed DIGI for it. HAHA.
So, if anyone thinks I could be any more blurer than that, please check your phone number with me.
And yes, btw. Sherry, use del tags in the future instead of s for your strikethroughs. Apparently s is deprecated.
Edit: Thanks to Ooi Jin who is clearer in numbers than I am, I got chicken pox in 2004. Yeah, it's the same year I went for my NS and started Lower 6. Keep thinking late one year. Sigh. So, really, if you wonder why I don't keep in touch with you, maybe it's the number on my phone. :)
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment