Thursday

Oxymorons

The world just took another round trip.

As much I like media and stuff like that, I am quite frustrated with it sometimes. Like today, when Nescafe Kick Start came to my campus and was positioning their "salespersons" around, I am dreaded to even walk across the concourse. I had to eat lunch, though, so I HAD to meet someone. She asked me if I was a Malaysian. I should have said I was Singaporean. Or anywhere else. I can't lie about my age though, cause her criteria was 18-25. I can't look THAT old.

I wish I had a camera today. It was all buzz and entertaining because of 3 events happening at one time at one place. It was like really bad planning but it happened so none of them can do anything. But overall, in accordance with the China's National Day & Mooncake Festival, they had lion dance (which so disrupts our class) and one Chinese guy sang Taiwanese songs. I can't blame them really. Singing China's Chinese songs could be quite a difficult task. But the first song he sing is GuangLiang's "Tong Hua" which is Malaysian. And it really made me wanted to go out and join them.

I suddenly felt so Chinese.

Nescafe looked so left-out, other than getting Media Prima's cameraman to come and shoot some scenes and interestingly, it attracted more video cams. But free coffee for everyone and some free camwhore time for one of my coursemates.

There's a Carnival in DUMC on Sats and Sun. Just come around in the afternoon and you will see it. Big banners, balloons and all...quite quite interesting. Unfortunately, I am such a wimp. But let's not go into details of how I'm a wimp.

I had many things to say, funny I don't remember any of them.

Always lah me.

Strange how everyone suddenly stop blogging. My page suddenly feel so...lonely.

I have THREE assignments to complete before my semester ends and two are individual...

Ah, I remember now.

One of the more irritating thing is how my lecturers thinks I'm a "genius". Yeah, yeah, I may know what's X and Y axes, I may know what is incest, I may even know what metrosexuality is, and I may know what's a vector graphic, but that doesn't mean I know EVERYTHING. Yes, I may come from a PJ school with its high academics and that 'happening' school culture and I come from Science Stream, so I know how to act smart but still. Like, heck, what is a "dirty bomb"? Good thing that my Media lecturer is more knowledgeable than me.

Like today, during one of my lectures, my lecturer asked if we had any problem with a software application, he just looked at me and then said, "Ah, you don't have problem one." Just the day before, he thinks I'm already capable with that software when it was my first time using it. Heck, I even bought a book on how to learn that software. Hey, I can't understand scripts. Maybe I should just ask more questions next time and act really stupid. *grin.

I get to go to production studios and look see...isn't that just SO cool?

Some shows are just plain stupid. Even the Three Stooges is better. Like this current show in 8TV, airing at 7.00 pm. That show is about two twin brothers separated from birth and then how they met and how they knew they are brothers and how they fell in love with their dream girls and how their dream girl all died becaue kena murdered by obsessed power freak or just a jealous concubine. It's stupid show...but I watch it because of Dicky Cheung ability to act...definitely better than Nicholas Tse...sings better than him too. Gosh. And somehow I like martial arts drama. It's very very nice to see them all in costumes. :)

But what is even more stupid is their script. In olden days, what they call a new born baby is different from now, but I heard the word "baby" twice mentioned by Nicholas Tse. Either I'm deaf or the scriptwriter or director is blind and deaf. And good grief, Nicholas Tse in the starting of the show was cool, confident and calm, now he looks like he's high on drugs or something. He kept looking somewhere else and he looks just plain confused. That's why Dicky Cheung has a better character, cause he's smart and he still maintains his coolness throughout the whole show even when his wife got murdered by some power sucker.

What's to say, it's a martial arts fantasy, where martial arts, poison, evil power-sucking old goons and a selfish-love-Tse-so-much-to-kill-his-wife-jealous-king's-concubine. And the worst was the recording of the voice. Dubbing was horrible and when one character speaks, it has background noises on his voice, then the other speak without noises. What. One record when driving his car issit?

I'd rather watch 8TV's new show "Realiti". It's not bad a show, kinda like Gol & Gincu but I don't know futsal but I know reality singing shows so it's something more interesting. But they should get more money so to touch up their actors and actresses. I saw Melissa Maureen with a zit on her head during a photo shoot in the show. Just don't add up. She is suppose to be this hot babe with flirty attitudes and she come up with a flawed skin.

I am thinking of a podcast for my assignment. Not literally though, but it'll be cool to have some imaginary podcast around in the campus.

Yeah, uni life rocks...



halfway.

No comments: