Wednesday

She's A Were-cat

Warning: Viewer's discretion advised.

It all started one hazy afternoon. I drove to campus as usual, taking in the typical air around this time of the year. I waited for the class to start and sat in the room, preparing myself for the ultimate cold that comes to every person in a small room.

As usual, I'm always one of the earliest to class so I waited for the rest to come. Oh goodie, starting class already. Now I want to get finish with it and go home to prepare for a test tomorrow.

My coursemate sat one chair away from me. She suddenly stretched out her right hand to me, and I thought she wanted to pass me something. And I looked to see if there is anything. Maybe my eyes was tricking me, because there was nothing there.

She gave an exasperated smile, withdrew her hand and the lecturer started teaching.

After an hour into class, she suddenly did the same gesture again. I, being slow, thought she was feeling cold. I must have had some blank look because she gave an exasperated smile and withdrew her hand again. Now it was getting weird.

Mid-class, we went to the lab because it's half lecture half tutorial, so as we waited for the lift. She revealed her secret.

"Just now what I was doing was that it was a cat." I didn't get what she said, and blur as I am, tried to look if she drew any cartoon cat on her hand. There was none. So, I shot her another blank look. She said...

"I was turning into a cat. Usually I turn into a cat at midnight. But I was turning into a cat just now. And I wanted you to see it."

I totally FREAKED.

Edit: Okay, I didn't freak but it seemed like a good ending (think KennySia). If my coursemate reads my blog, I'll probably be fried. But it is a true story. I had been smarter to keep my mouth (not my hands though) shut. She really did say what she said. Though not exactly, but that's the gist of it.

No comments: