But never mind.
Still go for excursion.
Drive towards Section 17 in PJ and ended up in a less known place to non-nearbys. (like such word exist)
It was a class trip. Yeah, been having lotsa trips lately. Like the previous excursion on Friday. Till today I still wonder if I got the correct CD to the correct project documentation! Ha.
But anyway.
So I parked my car and went to this production studio (audio) called AddAudio and frankly, it's pretty company-like at first glance. You have nice stone floors and all that stuff...but walk into their studios, its looks more like a studio than a company. Hehe..
Firstly, I passed by the Hall of Fame which I thought was narrow...you can't lean against one wall for a long time to read or breathe in the awards that they have received, cause you will block the passageway.
Met our guide (if I may call him so) name Jinx (I think that's how it's spelled, dunno. That was the first spelling that came to my mind) and he had this great voice. And I mean great. If I was not mistaken, he was one of the composers and producers...I think. But I definitely know he's a composer.
He brought us around and look see look see at post-production studios, the MUSIC room (people like Joseph would be happy like mad), the sound effects and music library...(you had to know specific genres...like if you want jazz..what kind of jazz? SPECIFIC.)
AddAudio doesn't do album recordings. They are not a recording studio. They are a production studio. So, they do commercials, TV and even movies. The most exhilirating statement I heard was that they did the soundtrack for 'SePeT' and 'GUBRA'!...so fixed image in my head about them: GREAT.
But it was really a cool studio, cause its very well equipped and I mean well equipped. The whole studio is wi-fied and so you get Internet access 24-7...besides, their post production studios are not big, but comfortable size and they got big comfy couches for clients to sit and watch the process.
The doors are heavy. I being thin and sick couldn't push them...so memalukan. Must go train up muscles already. Bleh.
Met a few audio engineers too like Mo and Rodney (I think it's how it's spelled. I mean, you don't go and ask them, "How do you spell your name?" unless you can't pronounce it.). Actually, we were also there to record a mock ad for my course because my lecturer wanted to
The fellas in AddAudio are pretty fun people. Not sarcastic lame fun, but fun as in assimilation. They are quite friendly...maybe that's the industry requirement. Dunno. Takkan they show us their stressed faces, eh?
I had to record one line and I blundered like anything. Partly I was nervous, then I was too confident, then I just mixed both together...I mean, who gets to stand in front of the mike (those recording studio kind, with hanging mikes and some round black thingie in front...so I don't know what is it) and wear headphones and talk into the mike like a recording talent? WHO? Who? Not me, average Jane. (Okay, so my name is not Jane.)
I suddenly felt quite unconfident...don't know if I can even survive working in an environment like this. As they say, you must love what you do.
But the trip was cool, though I fell into a short bout of fever when I went home.
So, next time when I get a copy of the recording, I'll post it up. :) Mine is the deep, unenthusiastic voice. Before Jinx's voice. His voice is so SO nice...like totally professional. Well, he is a pro anyway.
I lazy to post pics up, cause it's all by AddAudio, don't want to kena charge copyright pulak. So just visit the site and have fun...or look see.
Oh, personally, I also learned a few more things about the audio industry. Tough job, but fun. And other important things like copyrights and all that jazz...
Don't ask me why I keep on saying all that jazz. I just pick it up after my lecturer. Yeah, I should stop that. Such habit.
Oh, I forgot to mention. AddAudio also did the soundtrack for "Red Kebaya" so if you ever catch it, know that I told you first. :)
I should change my name though. People can't seem to remember my name. Rebekah sounds too long. Maybe I should start introducing myself as "Becs" or "Reb"...
I had a nice chance of reading a boy's name being Beckham. No kidding. It's IC name.
I saw this on another person's blog..and then I scouted for it in YouTube.
For Flash users, you will love this to the max.
totally cool.




No comments:
Post a Comment