Sunday

Runaway Bride

I love new years. They represent a new start. I mean, when you look back at a year and you're like..ugh. Bad year. That's for me that is.

So, I am really looking forward to 2007. :)


Have been going around being a cam whore nowadays. Yesterday was my cousin brother's wedding, so of course being in the family, must look dazzling. However, since there was no time to touch up the makeup at night that's why I looked quite like a melted ice cream by the end of the day...

I had 4 layers and more of makeup...it's absolutely scary. :)

Will post them pictures soon. Gonna go for watchnight and continue taking pictures...

I should get my hair re-dyed...



Oh my gosh, after I change the template I suddenly sound so bimbotic! Well, I am a girl.

Tomorrow, I have to clean the room. Yeah, I think I have mentioned in this blog for like a zillionth time.


Gah, so bimbo. And vain.






But the duck was fantastic. I didn't even bother about table manners.



In one word to describe weddings: tiring, especially for the bride. I mean, you have to sit in front of a mirror and let people do your hair till it sparkles and all that and then have your face made up with fake eyelashes and all...who's not tired? Then, you have to sit in the car and wait for the ceremony to start...then you have to walk as slowly as a tortoise...then you have to always smile. Cry even. THen you have to pose for the camera all the time. You cannot yawn, do some kawaii thing like how girls do with big puppy eyes kind of, you cannot slouch, you cannot relax! Then, you have to pose for the cameras again...first with the pastor who solemnised your marriage, your groom's family, then your family, then the extended family, then the friends of the groom, then the friends of yours, then both sides of friends, then church members...

Then, you have to smile all the time, talk to people, know who is who so you don't call the wrong person and have them curse you or look at you like you're some alien. Then if you're Chinese, you have to pour tea to your elders and call them one by one. So if the family has over 40 elders ( and I just mean father and mother side, with wives and husbands and all...), you would have to pour tea and wait for them to drink and then give you ang pao or anything close.

Not only so, if the wedding reception is on the same day...finish! You have to quickly go back to wherever, and then change and then have your hair and make up done all over again. Then you have to wait again. Since Malaysian are not punctual people, a dinner that says starts at 7 will start at 8.30 pm. So you wait for your hair to get done and make up to stay and all that...

Then you have to bear all the light flashes again and smile...

Then you have to go to tables and take pictures with everyone...

Then you have to stand at the restaurant/hotel doorway and shake everybody's hands and say "Thank you thank you thank you" until you probably can learn different languages in saying thank you...

Then you don't go back until all the guests leaves...

Then only you can eat..

Then you might need to take pictures with your family again...

Then only you can rest.

NOT.


Then when you go back, it's the first night together, you have to change, have to remove the excessive makeup and weird hairdos and er-hem* please your spouse...

Good thing it's only one day. Imagine those who have two weddings to have...like one in Alor Setar and the other in Johor cause not everyone can make it ... I mean, Kedah and Johor...quite far one leh. You have to travel somemore..if you're not rich to sit in a plane...you have to lug through car rides, or worst, bus rides...


So, being a bride is more stressful than working late nights. But it's a joyous occasion! Celebrate to it. Weddings are still nice. Maybe the bride and groom have to work out in the gym or somewhere like Betty and Veronica (of Archie comics fame) so they don't just collapse out of tiredness. I mean, who really works out just to go shopping?


Then it's the new year.

No comments: