Unless I have the keyboard, it is hard to type in Korean. But the thing is, Korean Hangul only utilizes the alphabetical letters on the keyboard, so it's pretty easy to pick up after a while, just need to remember where they are.
An example:
The letter A is ㅁ (the consonant M) and letter K is ㅏ(the vowel A or AH) so when you type on the keyboard A then K, you'll get 마 (sound: ma).
Don't ask me what it means. I just know if you add a 어 (ou) in front, then it's 어마 (ou-ma) means mother.
But unless I have the keyboard, it is even harder to type in the Chinese characters...using Taiwan phonetics method!
Phonetics method is slightly different from the Hanyu Pinyin method used by people like me, who learned Pinyin from young. It involves some serious serious knowing of Mandarin, so people like me are slightly finished. At least Pinyin method displayed all 5 sounds, the Phonetics method requires you to specify the sound also. As they say, if you can read, you can type Phonetics.
Looks like my reading needs help. But I guess the hardest thing is that its really relies on the sound, like ㄕㄨㄟwith the 3rd sound (key '3') is 水 (water). If you read it according to the phonetics literally, it's like this: SH OO UI.
Very much like Korean Hangul methods. But I find Korean easier, maybe because I'm too exposed to Pinyin method. The Pinyin method is just to type in SHUI. No OOs.
Yeah, even though it is slow and tedious in typing it, but I had great fun yesterday, till I forgot to do my assignments and later just chastise myself for being so lazy.

The standard layout of what would be a Taiwanese computer keyboard, using phonetics. Really no joke if you don't know how to use it. The sound does not necessarily correlate to the keyboard letter! Don't expect the letter P to give you P, it's EN/IN/UN...! Very much like Korean Hangul typing method. I think it's exactly the same!
pfffft.




No comments:
Post a Comment