Saturday

Run the Race Month 1: Eyes On You

I'm starting a new monthly resolution thing. I know. It's not at the start of the month, but hey, anytime is a good time, no?

This month will be from 16th May to 15th June.

What resolution, you ask me?


I hope to maintain a focus on God everyday in whatever I do. I always have this habit that in the morning I am with God, afternoon comes and God goes to sleep (just kidding) and then at the night time God is back.

Now, as the day goes on, I tend to forget about God, especially in activities that actually needs God the most - work/classes. Things that demand my passion like music can easily lead my focus away, unfortunately. Furthermore, I'm pretty much easily distracted and easily anxious. When I'm anxious and distracted, heh.

So I'm gonna try to make God the center of my life, everyday, every hour, every minute...

When God is in the center of my life, everything falls into place. I'll get to learn how to balance between my passions, I'll get to learn how to manage my time better, my temper and my pride better. (Okay, maybe more like get rid of my pride, but yeah.) And, the more I'm aware of God's presence in my life, the more I will be able to love God and my neighbors.

So. In Hebrews 12, the writer exhorts all Christians to fix our eyes on the Author and Perfecter of our faith as we run the race. So me, being all catchphrase-frenzy, have penned this: "Eyes On You". Self-explanatory right?

I won't blog everyday to jot down how I have succeeded or failed (yes, I predict failures to come sometimes), though if you are following me on twitter (twitter.com/_ekahre), I'll try to tweet something up everyday. :P

Please pray for me. It's a bit unorthodox, but I'm doing this for my growth. It's gonna be hard, but it's gonna be worth it. I want to be able to totally focus on Christ, even when mountains fall and the circumstances of life bogs me down, it will be Him, Him, Him.


Tomorrow!


Fighting!


EYES ON YOU!

No comments: