Sunday

Don't Pass Me By...

Currently listening to: Don't Pass Me By by Planet Shakers (Always and Forever album)

I remember how someone had raised a question. "I don't understand why you all like that song...I mean...why?"

I told him it's the lyrics.

I didn't understand how did the lyrics go...why "Jesus, please don't pass me by"? What significance is that song?

It is only after I read Tommy Tenney's "The God Catchers", did I realise the meaning...

My heart it longs
My soul it thirsts for more
For more of You

I'm reaching out
I'm waiting here for more
For more of You

Cause all I want is You
And all I need
Is to be here with You

# I'm hungry for Your fire
I'm desperate You're my one desire
Jesus please don't pass me by
I need You more than ever
I'm thirsty for a touch from a heaven
Jesus please don't pass me by

Like Bartimaeus, the blind man who cried out, "Son of David, have mercy!" as Jesus walked past. As Zacchaeus, the shorty tax collector climb a sycamore tree to see Jesus as He walked by...

What do they have in common?

It's the desperation, the hunger of their hearts to see Jesus. Bart was blind, but he wanted to "see" Jesus no matter how many people say to him, "Shut up! Stand at the side..." Zachy was SHORT! He can't see nuts in the midst of the crowd...but he took measures..because he was desperate. He wanted to see Jesus so much...

And what did Jesus do?

He responded.

Mr. Tenney said that when we hunger for God, He would actually leave His throne in heaven to meet our needs. To fill our hunger...

Our response?

Continue to be thankful that He is doing something, but hunger for more of His Presence.

But are we going to just let Him pass us by? Another Jesus parade again?

Only Christ can fill your emptiness, your hunger. And I can testify with all my heart.

If being a Christian is just going to church and reading the Bible...my friend, it has much much more to offer.

How hungry are you today? Don't let Jesus pass you by any longer.


+But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what GOD will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. My God will hear me.+

No comments: