Patience dahlings...pictures will be up soon.
It takes time to upload and resize them u know... :)
Just wanna blog on the dinner I had today.
WIll post pics on that too...once I get hold of them.
Met my friend from childhood. She's the only one that I still 'keep in touch' in that sense that I still meet the family from time to time, thanks to my dad's loyalty in friendship. (So unlike me, I wonder why I didn't inherit that trait from him...bah. Anywayz.)
Guess what? Her boyfriend's there too...(she didn't have one when we met last time...or he didn't come..) and so I got to know him in that few hours...he's nice, he's a gentleman, he's pretty good looking I guess...(at least that's what my mom says...I don't pay much attention to friends' boyfriends. It's so insulting to them. Or do I? Anywayz.) He's an American if you would believe that...yeah...quite a sweet guy...calls his girlfriend 'honey' or 'sweets'. Didn't notice it until I paid attention. I thought I was the observant one. Lost that and was replaced by too much practicality or conservativeness...and boy, I thought I was the most flamboyant in the family.
Well, you don't know the world until you step into it.
Jealous?
Nay.
I got a little 'pai seh' though. It felt like some threesome, and she was the only good friend there that I know...okay, minus her brother. But I really felt like some intruder. Lamp post. Now I know how lamp posts feel.
Me, the tiang lampu.
The outsider.
I felt as if I'm in the show LOST. Only figuratively.
Actually, I felt more intimidated by their international-ness (they are all from international school...talk about slang and American boyfriends) cause it made me look too Malaysian. Not that I don't like Malaysia...just that...well...it's like being in a different wavelength altogether. They could yak the whole day in their slang and I would be like 'so like that la...nolah...yes ah...sure or not.....sure got one....'
Hahaha...
Dad says: 'Learn to be proud of yourself. Just be yourself.'
Easier said than done.
Even my cousin who is three years younger than me has released an album in Hong Kong. Talk about Sweet Imperfection. (Yeah, that's the band name. Duh, it's a band name...her name isn't Sweet Imperfection...it's a band album...what's wrong with that? She provided the piano and the vocals...no, her name is Sherin..not Sweet Imperfection...bother.)
And me? 19 year old Rebekah Lee...
Still got a long way to go...
Sue Thomas F.B.Eye's 'Who I Am'
If I live to be a hundred,
And never see the seven wonders,
That'll be all right.
If I don't make it to the big leagues,
If I never win a Grammy,
I'm gonna be just fine.
'Cos I know exactly who I am:
I am Rosemary's granddaughter;
The spitting image of my father,
And when the day is done,
My momma's still my biggest fan.
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy,
But I've got friends that love me,
And they know just where I stand.
It's all a part of me,
And that's who I am.
Okay, so I am not Rosemary's granddaughter, not a spitting image of my father...my mom's not my biggest fan. But yeah..it ends there.
Sweet Imperfection is cool! Yeah, you can't get it in Msia.
Audio engineering suddenly sounds so refreshing.
No, I'm not desperate to get a boyfriend. Why the rush? Let me be content with my singlehood first ler...I get to laugh as loud as I want, talk all kinds of lame jokes and still remain sane...or insane. :P Get to improve on my lameness and sarcasm...
Life is only once.
+But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what GOD will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. My God will hear me.+
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment