Monday

Baby, Don't Look Down - It's A Long Way

Hold on love will find you
Hold on He's right behind you now
Just turn around and love will find a way

After all the pressure and corrections my superiors gave to me today...I was just sitting at the lunch table...by myself. My nose was just about to turn red. But I had to hold it down, because I cannot cry...not in front of the office staff...not alone in the office kitchen.

I wasn't going to cry because of the pressure...well, maybe I was..but the bigger part was there is this one guy...one particular guy who left and the only thing I could do was to be at home and not send him off.

I couldn't send him off because I was coming back from CG Retreat. I would not reach the airport in time to send him off. It hurts because I couldn't send him off. It hurts because I couldn't see him for the last time. It hurts because I had to see him drive off that morning after I just scolded him for not telling me that he was leaving his guitar behind. It hurts because I can no longer share my joys and tears with him.

It hurts especially when I cannot just call his name and tease him...

It just saddens my heart.

I remembered it was only just a year and another back when we gotten really close, till we agreed mutually and unofficially to be closer than friends...and people knew how close we were. I remember the times we would tease each other like mad, I teased him more, but when we sat down and be serious, we would be very understanding of each other.

There was no secret handshake or mystery signals...we were "right on" for each other. Even some observed how we would be able to move in almost the same wavelength. Actually, we don't. We just always resolve it by laughing it off or me saying "Whatever-la."

It was funny how we didn't talk much in church, but during camps, online chats, phone calls, we would be the best of talkers. But we listened also lerr...

He would be one of the vainest guys around...but has his limits. But he would also be one of the more generous guys around.

And it's a longer story...

I can understand why girls would flock around him and love him, because he is lovable and always so understanding...and I cannot be selfish. No, I musn't be. To love truly is to let go and bless him without any prejudice.

**************************************************

Nick, when you read this, I know how much you are missing all of us back here...but enjoy your time there...cry if you must. :) but really, Manipal should be a different experience. Besides, you still have Lester, the Internet, and the phone. It's kinda bummer that your phone may not be 1998 anymore...but if it is, it'll be cool. Hahaha...Always be a shining light wherever you go, and don't change to be someone so different that you cannot be my brother anymore. I am already missing you like mad...but I'm sure you'll be fine. Take care, bro and have fun. God bless you!






Who were you people thinking when I was writing that down? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bekah! ive got ntg to say abt the post but the layout of the blog! its so kewl! it's bright green with butterflies on it..! so lovely.... hehehe.. yup yup..and thats abt it girl..will cya soon!!! =)
*cheers
god blessss