Friday

The Sisterhood of Travelling Maths Homework

It was the day where I excitedly say to my classmates: "WEY, did you know our class is here-here-here? YAY, no more floating class."

It was the day where the sisterhood sat together, then found out that two are a bit more 'kiasu' so to speak so they sat together, far from us. And we can't sit in fours, so I was singled out to sit with a guy. Bah.

It was the day where one very quiet Sabahan came and sat behind me. Little did I know, that he is really those 'diam-diam ubi' or 'still waters...are still noisy sometimes.'

It was the day where our teachers would say, "You all cannot afford to play already yeah? SPM year you know..."

It was the day my Form 5 year started.

Form 5. SPM. Senior of the school. Tai Ka Cheh of the school.

I had new teachers. Woo hoo! Had a stricter Bio teacher, better Maths teacher and someone else...I think.

No new classmates except that ubi who asks himself, "Why pink?" at the back of me and another sleeping pole. I mean, sleeping Poh.

Sitting next to me was Aaron who was my primary school ex-classmate. Sitting in front of me was my nephew and my northeast was the programmer-cum-Linux-'fan' Jon Tan.

And so life goes on.

Li Qin was a prefect and awfully afraid of bees. We had a plague of them during the starting weeks...someone must be as sweet as honey in the class. So in the morning, we had to stand outside the class and hope that none stings us and all will fly away. Mei Yuen even stuck a dead bee to her table one time. It was grotesque, but she loved it. So you might be thinking how in the world does Li Qin being a prefect and awfully afraid of bees got to do with it. Well, lots. She's taking care of the class next door and they have bees too. One day, she swore that there was a bee on her back because she screamed so loud the whole block could hear her. (Okay, exaggeration)
*note: sorry Li Qin, just couldn't help mentioning that. :)

Then all of us found out that our dear ubi is very good in his studies...and very very very sarcastic. AYWP is so good in arguing that both of us had endless debates. I wish I could strangle him every now and then. If he reads this blog, then he would challenge me back. "Strangle lah strangle lah..."

Then my class had the Chipsmore group. Why they are called the Chipsmore? Because now you see them, now you don't. Okay, so we don't call them that. I just thought of the name. They are the best in making noise, playing pranks, singing greetings to teachers, getting teachers stressed up, and as their namesake, the best in ponteng-ing. They play truancy at its best.

And then my class had the Chun Council. Mind you, this is an official name. Consisted of three people, occasionally have plus ones. This council talks about everything chun. They create the chun script about the Pongs, they create chun songs like "I Did it Sam's way" and some chun poems like one about one of our class's *eh-hem eligible "bachelors". One of them Chun Council is my nephew.

So, I was good in English. And probably my English teacher loves me more than anyone else. I could write creative essays (though I do think some other people one's are better) and probably that was the only thing I could write...which didn't help in Form 6. Bah. I had to relearn how to write proper essays, instead of writing them like writing a script of some sort.

My class have many eligible bachelors and bachelorettes. Eligible here means wanted. Seniors are usually sought after by juniors. Juniors, especially Form 1s will always think Form 5s are so so hot. They are classy and they are popular. Those who are less than that category are just PLAIN..like me.

Okay, so I was popular in my own circle too. I was serious all the time, so my juniors are scared of me.

As Form 5s, we break rules, we keep them. We get caught by Mr. XX for no apparent reasons and sometime maybe the guy has more hair than him. We don't know why he punish us for what he punish us for, but oh well, nobody liked him much.

My class, though being a pure science class, was the noisest of all. Balau was quiet, Batai was dead silent, and Belian was way smart. Okay, so that has nothing to do with the level of sound but I wouldn't really know cause they are one floor below us. Teachers from other classes had to come and scold us Cengalians for being so noisy which we take pride in. But we suck really in our academics in comparison to the rest which causes the headaches of many of our teachers.

We had an inter-class English competition which sees us most united. I was director and scriptwriter, we had a full fledged team till we exploded our budget and failed in our large numbers of props. It was heart-wrenching and some even cried. Then we ode to joy with Domino's and a dose of camwhoring at the end. What a way to accept our grief.

And since I don't do homework (Guilty as charged.), especially Add Maths cause though people with musical abilities should be able to solve problems creatively, I just can't solve them cause my brain sees Maths as logic, not something that I can do creatively. I can watch Numb3rs but ask me to solve differential equations I probably balked. Then again, I am just plain lazy. So, there goes the sisterhood of travelling maths homework. My sisterhood sends them to me and I plagiarise. Then again, you can never really plagiarise Maths, cause the solution is about the same.

PE is the guys' favorite time because they get to join classes with the other Chipsmore clan. Those others are way more 'ferocious' than the ones in my class because they are notorious and infamous for what they do. They are the best in their profession. So, we have a few guys who could use a shower and deodorant (I am so ever serious.) at the end of the day that hangs all their 'eau de toilette'-filled clothes at the window sill, sometimes even their underwear...

This is my class life. We have the good, the bad, the ugly and the kiasu. It's what makes the Cengalians year 2003 unique as it is.

Next: CF Life in 2003.

No comments: