Firstly, some update on uni. It's not boring, but it is boring. Somehow there's many things I'm learning (because I have prepared my class WAYYY earlier than the lecturers themselves.) and my course is so new that I don't have seniors. Welcome to the term, "senjun". Yes, I created it myself. Gah. And since I didn't bring my laptop, after lunch with bout 20 minutes freetime, I sat in the library, acting as if I'm on an assignment of art. So I have a pen and paper but thoughts are so blank. Curse these laptops and the dependency of Internet technologies. My summary of this week so far: It's like speaking in different tongues and expecting everyone to have the gift of interpreting it. Reason? I'm trying to be happy and super talkative like how I am in Form 6 and years before, but really...I find myself either tongue-tied or not connecting in the wavelength of the uni culture. I think I have to perform and sing a bit then only I can fit in well. Curse the populars. Gah. Bah. Pah. Arrgh. It's only the second week. I could get more friends. I hope.
Okay, uni done. Back to my sisterhood thingie a.k.a SPM year life.
So let me see...CF in 2003.
*
**
***
**
*
"Yo, big sister, yo!
You're the senior of the school and
You're suppose to be cool
What is your role and
Whatcha trying to mould
Live your life real loud
Yo, big sister, yo!"
Okay, we never rap in high school. I never rap or write rap lyrics, rap is not a culture then (oh yeah right Bekah, like your time was 1993 instead.). I was in DJ school, the school that is suppose to churn out disc jockeys and hip people of some sort. If ever someone very English educated ask which school I am, they probably think our classes have turntables and the students have to wear caps and go bling or something. Okay, quits with the sarcastic lameness.
CF (not Certificate of Fitness, you engineers and lawmakers..) a.k.a Christian Fellowship in DJ was one of the most official, with much access to many things when compared to other school CFs. We had the hall, the library, the Block F classes, Block G classes, the field, the park, the Block E classes, the canteen...basically, we own nearly the school with our activities. Reason? We change our venue once in a while to make people run. Fine. It's a matter of availability, get it?
Not only that, we can have speakers from outside to come and share his/her/their testimonies and preach a little about God's truth. In 2003, like mentioned last time, I was one of the seniors and big sisters. We walk with style and talk with style. Juniors all want to be like us...or at least near us.
I was not in the committee but I was before, so I have a way with the politics...nolah. I was just plain busybody. But one thing is that being a senior is quite cool, cause where you go, people have to respect you a bit like in Form 6 which I will mention in another post another time. You are as big as the teachers but they still can cane you hard on you-know-where.
I mentored a bunch of people during my senior years there, taught a few tricks and truths too. We wanted to create a website for CF...then fell so so short that the idea was defunct before the site even took place. Then we did lots of camwhoring and lots of money gone buying film...(digital cameras are still pretty expensive then.)...events, events, events. We 'tiang' every senior guy possible...we had our annual CF Camp in a very hot place in Malacca...which all of us seniors are complaining the place 'like an oven!'
Yes, seniors are great complainers.
I had a try in playing the piano in camp, other than just leading worship. Ah, talking bout leading worship...I was one of the 'pioneers' who went 'great lengths' to change the whole system and introduced new stuff...which I can't remember now. Maybe we just introduced a whole hoard of new songs. Oh well...oh, yeah, the two worship leader thing. Ah, people like Pei Wern or Christine might remember better. Then I mentored Shern Ren to lead the worship team. I mentored a few people, Keshia especially on leading worship. Don't know whether it was effective. You tell me, girl!
The seniors are all very dedicated people. We forget about our studies and stay back for afternoon session prayer meetings. That is how the bond between seniors and juniors are very much build. Amanda was perky and sanguine which attracted all the juniors like Form 1,2,3 to her. I was more serious and so the older ones come to me for all sorts of advice.
Then of course, GUYS will go to the GUYS. There is Desmond who was our vice president and Jon who was our president. It was a politically hectic year because of some glitch that happen a year ago which I continued to meddle even after the glitch. I told you I was a regular busybody. I must have drove these two nuts with my meddling. Sorry guys, should have let you all run the way you think its best with God's directions. I'm like that irritating cow that likes to ring its bell and make a havoc out of peace. :)
Then of course seniors are always teased with somebody here there...gosh, I have been the victim of too many. Till now, Wern is still teasing me.
I was the queen of quotes then during that year. My juniors could quote me like nuts till I got so shocked by their imitation. Gah.
CF guys though great, are somewhat irritating sometime. Especially when they kacau you endlessly. That's why I was queen of quotes.
We CF produces plays that are thought-provoking, that are lame-to-the-max...yes, I learned some of my basic lameness from there, and the art grows. Then Dong came and watered somemore to my system. Ha.
There are many great experiences in CF because it gather people together and really, if you take time to know the younger ones or even the older ones, you can learn much. Their faith and their stand could really surprise you sometimes and you are the one who admire them instead of the other way round.
One thing I love most about CF life is that the friends that supported you before, will continue to support you though you may not see each other, but somehow, if you are the wacky and flamboyant one, the total-serious one who might just do some crazy dance if you are very lucky to catch it in action, the graceful one, the rock-climbing one, the one who dares to lie on the canteen floor, the sarcastic one, the drummer boy, the one who will jump from the first floor down without breaking the neck, the descendant of the one who parted the Red Sea, the tall pastor...whoever the seniors were, the juniors will always remember them, like how we will remember them. Yes, we do.
Yet, if I could live my 2003 life all over again, I might just make it more colorful. But you may just disagree with me.
Now SPMers, go and study. Don't read this post any longer.
Yes, yes. I am bias in this post. So I only knew a few people. I like senior life. It's fun!
(p/s: please let me know if anything is missing. I think so too ler.)
Next: The class with the most wits and witty remarks
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment