Monday

Back To Electric


My Aunt Mary & Jisun - Goodbye Day

I admit. I have a soft spot for rock. Always have. Always will. Especially with a baritone-voiced male vocal or a female lead. And lead electric.

My music taste have been rapidly changing for the past few weeks. Maybe because I've been sitting in front of the computer and listening to albums on repeat mode so often I want a change.

I have to say thank you to Korean music. I think it's only in Korean music that I dared to venture into indie, electronica, dance pop, rock, R&B, ballad, house, jazz...all at the same time...and actually enjoy them (okay, maybe not so dance pop).

Even my 2nd favorite, Mandarin music took a backseat in terms of the wideness in genre. Of course, thanks to Korean music, I'm bolder to venture into Mandarin indie, R&B, jazz...but it's still very slow as compared to the former.

English music, my 3rd fave...let's just say I always prefer English rock and R&B/Soul compared to their pop, especially their pop nowadays.

Let's just recount my varying tastes...


Goong - Perhaps Love (J & HoWL)

I was a OST freak. Listened to every OST I could fall in love with. Eg. 베토벤 바이러스 (Beethoven Virus), 안녕하세요, 하느님 (Hello God), 궁 (Goong), 스타의 연인 (Star's Lover)...

I was also a Ballad freak. I listened to Tim (팀), Alex of Clazziquai (알렉스), Byul/Star (별)...


Lyn - Love...All Are Lies (사랑...다 거짓말)

Then, I listened to R&B/Ballad. I loved J (제이) to bits. Then, Lyn (린) came and became one of my faves as well.

Then, I went into Clazziquai for a while. I loved their jazz tracks though their electronica can be a little weird. Haha.


Clazziquai - Dance (춤)

And 2009 came and I listened to my new fave, 지선 (Jisun) of Loveholic, which is a rock/experimental band. She went solo. I posted about her before.

Then, a few weeks ago I was bobbing my head to the ever addictive "Gee" by Girls' Generation (소녀시대), attracted to it only because of TaeYeon's voice which got me in her 들리나요... (Did You Hear...). Their "Dear. Mom" is excellent. Felt like crying and thankful at the same time for my mommy...


Girls' Generation - Dear. Mom

Then, I went back to OSTs, listening to the likes of Boys Over Flowers OST's "Wish You My Love" by T-Max and J. (It's J!) and 200 Pounds Beauty OST as well...

Then, I chanced upon Que Sera Sera (케세라세라) OST and it had Loveholic, Alex, Horan of Clazziquai, My Aunt Mary and W & Whale...I mean, it has got to be one of the best OST ever to feature all the gems of the industry...

And ever since hearing Whale on Star Golden Bell, I loved her voice to bits.


W & Whale - R.P.G Shine


W & Whale - Moonrise (월광/月狂) (Que Sera Sera OST)

Now I am listening to My Aunt Mary and Ibadi (Horan's project group)...Soon, I'll be listening to Rumble Fish and Loveholic again, both which are rock bands.


Rumble Fish - Smile Again


Sigh. I love music.

(All music videos are recommended to listen to! HAHAHA...I'm serious.)

No comments: