Tuesday

Simple

I think as we grow older, we will somewhat mature.








W & Whale - Inscribing Chair (From Album 1.5 - Random Tasks)

Going through the motions one day, I am glad to be able to come back, watch a bit of drama on television or the 2nd screen (a.k.a computer), write songs, write story ideas/concepts, listen to my favorite non-idol mainstream groups/singers (sometimes mainstream), and glean some wisdom and peace from our great God and His Word.

I found out that by listening to incomprehensible (most of the time) Korean lyrics in their music, I actually find my inspiration to write my lyrics. Honestly, Korean lyrics aren't all that hard to understand. Sometimes they make me laugh. Though it sounds totally cheesy and weird in English, in Korean, it worked.

Example: Tim's Wounded Ankle from How To Meet A Perfect Neighbour OST:
발목을 다쳐서 갈 수가 없네요 = Because I broke my ankle, I can't go to you

I mean, you write that for an English song, it'd sound totally stupid. But in Korean, it's bittersweet.

I am still very influenced by English when writing my Mandarin lyrics. There is that influence there. I can't help it. My Chinese has not got any better. And now I get influenced a bit by Korean lyrics. But ha ha. You won't see me writing "因為我的腳受傷了,所以我不能到你那去" anytime. (But I kinda think it also works in Chinese. Hmm.)

And also due to the incessant listening to FLUXUS artistes, I am officially a FLUXUS fan. Haha. And so my music taste got to ballad+jazz+house+electronica+rock...so my lyrics tend to sway towards the lazy jazz ballad style sometimes with rock and electronica elements in it.

However, due to the pop idol system so well-developed, I don't see my song ideas getting recognized so soon. But oh, I really wish I will have time to improve my guitar and/or piano skills. I still have this desire to learn jazz piano.......*dreams..

This song is the third brainchild of the day. Today is like a creative factory opening its doors. I think it's because I finished my academic writing and need to switch to my creative brain. Hmph.

The song title is TO BE. No, the reference is NOT from Shakespeare.

Verse 1:
帶我到外空去
到最閃耀的星球
缺氧氣也okay
深吸一口氣就好

Verse 2:
唱一首小夜曲
到最陶醉的終點
血壓高也okay
喝一杯冷水就好

Pre-chorus:
La dee da da da dee da

Chorus:
Together
That’s all I want
Us
To be
(Together)

Bridge/Coda:
再次到外空去
到最閃耀的星球
聽你的小夜曲
到最陶醉的終點


Rough translation:

Verse 1:
Take me away to outer space, to the brightest planet(star), it's okay to lack oxygen, just need to take a deep breath

Verse 2:
Sing a serenade for me, till I reach the end of a drunken state (or something along those lines), it's okay to go high blood pressure, just need to drink a glass of cold water

Bridge/coda:
Let's go again to the outer space, to the brightest planet, listen to your serenade, till I reach the end of a drunken state (or something like to the maximum point of my drunken state)


--

Quite flawed lyrics I would think. But think of this in that lazy music terms, I think it would fit. :) I know, I take pride in my work, flawed or not. HAHA.

No comments: