Saturday

R&B electronica?

Was watching TV during lunch just now and just happened to chance upon Wheesung's latest single "Insomnia", a cover of Craig David's "Insomnia". And I admit, the tune got me.

Wheesung is a Korean R&B/Pop/Ballad singer by the way. I didn't like him cause he doesn't fit really into what would be a favorite, but this song is actually...erm...not bad.

Before a cover bashing, Craig David asked Wheesung to cover his song in Korean. So the song is the same just delivered differently. Wheesung (as Kpop) dances to the tune.

After hearing both version, both are pretty good. Never mind Wheesung's English isn't really up to par. Wheesung's version is less smooth than David's (David is a born R&B singer, therefore have a smoother flow in his voice.) but delivered nonetheless I think.

Well, judge for yourselves.


Wheesung's version (with a tap dancing like thing at the back)


Craig David's version


Check out the one that has both. :)

No comments: