Funny how distance can really make or break a relationship, even a friendship.
It's pretty sad that most of my closest friends are all out of town, out of country and out of touch.
Not always, but gets there sometimes.
The thing about long-distance relationships/friendships, is that you change. He/she changes. We both change. Yet, not keeping in touch let us become a little wary or a little careless in the things that we say to each other. Then we think, "Oh, he/she is quite used to my teasing."
Is he/she? They may have been so, but are they still so?
Not keeping in touch = not updating the changes happened = Fragmenting friendships
Then the people you think you are close with, turns out that perhaps, you're not that close after all.
Distance shows all that.
I am thankful for great friends who I still keep in touch with once in a while and can understand my occasional jarring mode. I know I tend to over-tease. While so, I am also a little dispirited over the friendships that I thought so but were not so.
Pity.
We could have formed a band. Or a Clazziquai.
Uh, maybe not.
Looks like the season has ended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment