Okay, I can't think of a better pun, but last Thursday, while all the hoo has of 2PM was happening (which by the way, the detractors expressed remorse and got devoured by Jay fans and everybody by now realised that Jay also said positive things about his heritage and the country during the same time he slammed it, but I digress..), my uttermost favorite female artiste that brought me into this whole Kpopland, none other than 제이 (J), one of the most underrated Kpop artiste in ... well, Kpop, has finally made some activity, such as releasing a new digital single called Dream Catcher.
The current hit song from her album is the duet with Clazziquai's Alex, 사랑한다는 말 (literally, Words of Love but the English translation is Say I Love You).
J has a very breathy voice and this caused some people to find her voice...weak. But I love her voice. It's unique, and it's actually not weak. It's just very very very very breathy. She almost whispers her song and therefore bring a kind of feminine gentleness but not girly. It's a mature sound but very gentle.
And her voice with Alex, another romantic voice, is pure love.
Yes, I'm biased but not without reason. It's the same reason why I love K.Will. J has talents. To me, she may be underrated, but she has talent.
I'm disappointed though. I wished she had released a full album instead. She has been releasing singles for the past year after her 6th, 2007 album, Inlove Again.
J, is it too much to ask if you can release a full length album? Pretty please.... :)
On the other hand, days earlier, W & Whale has released a new single called "Born To Rock" for GAP. I'm amazed at Korean advertising. They actually hire real singers to write and sing a soundtrack for them and then goes to sponsor their music video.
And news is that K.Will is making a comeback in October. Do I hear a new album at work??? I don't mind if it's just an EP. That's how much I love K.Will! Of course, a full length album will be much better. But I can't be too greedy, you know.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment