on the other hand:
I started a wishlist on my sidebar. Maybe one day I will be able to fulfill those wishlists..or if I could be blessed by some people for my birthday and christmas. XD. lovely.
I love change...in a good way. Not all the time I like change. Sometimes you can change but I do admit, I do like doing things the old way sometimes. But some rules should change. Like the rule of no liquid papers/blank-o(?) in schools. Hey, even pens can be used to draw graffiti okay. Doesn't mean that only liquid papers are the culprits. And it is as hard to rub out pen marks.
But then, I'm not in secondary school anymore.
But this change I'm talking about is desktops. I often change my desktop images. I cry at the images that Windows XP has in its system. That is why I go for Pixel Girl Presents.


They have the oddest desktop images and the coolest ones. Very much of their desktops are minimalist or abstract. It is like placing one jar of strawberries in the middle against a white background and there, you got your desktop.

Mind you, all these are made by everyone who wants to contribute.
The desktop images are usually in 1024x768 pixels and above to suit most computer screens...which are 15" and above...Not that I can say anything about those 12" monitors on the Dell XPS or equivalent.

Once in a while, I browse through the desktop images and save whichever is cool...then I just placed them up..whenever I feel like changing, I change ler...

Sometimes, the pictures follow my mood. So when I am a bit reflective and gone, I would change it to something more contemplative and natural.

Their desktop images inspire me in many ways. I know it sounds odd, but hey, everytime you switch on the computer, the first thing that you see on your monitor will be your desktop. (Forget the loading XP logo thingie.)
Other than desktop images, they also have icons for Mac & Windows. So, if you feel tired with those folders, change it to be Star Wars like...this enables you to change the icon without changing the theme. Hey, who gets to see their 'Recycle Bin' icon in the form of Gollum everyday? (Okay, so maybe that doesn't do the justice.)

Not only so, they also welcome donations (don't all...I WELCOME DONATIONS TOO!) and sell cute or weird stuffs...


Of course, only some will like these kind of desktop images. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment