Wednesday

Heartfelt

Been thinking of fantastic ideas lately. My lecturer had told us to expand our minds to the farthest limit.

After reading a screenwriting textbook by Ray Frensham, I am inspired to restart my writer's journey.

Some of you might say I don't write well. For those who has complimented about my songwriting skills, thanks! Don't get that everyday.

Anywayz. Of course ideas can just be an idea without "legs". Therefore, sometimes I am in all earnest to write a story, but then the story stuck and stales. It is quite hard to deal with all these. No?

I find solace in writing songs, I find better talent in writing them. Maybe because I am fond of writing poetry. With my Mandarin below average, I am flipping through dictionaries to find out which word fits best. :)

Whatever it is, everything written should come with research. Without research, ideas are very hard to grow its "legs".

Of course I don't say my writing skills are great. In fact, I believe in this post you can already find grammatical errors. But can I say, "Heck, this is an unprofessional blog. It'd be worse in Mandarin."?

I try my best. Though with time constraints now with the study load getting heavier (yeah, I get to watch the telly for homework and watch movies for assignments. No kidding.) and the piling up of my tutorials that never seemed to end...with an impending Final Year Project that apparently is going to start in my Level 2 Semester 3...I hope I don't stop writing, but I definitely will be writing less personal interest and more academical requirements.

Oh well. What's a student to do? So be thankful for the holidays you can get, you primary and secondary schoolers!

Hahaha.I sounded as if I am already working.

So what shall I do when I grow up???

This song was written during my holidays. It's one of my earlier songs and one of my proudest achievements cause I could have the tune to it...well, almost. It's not a love song. It still requires some editing from time to time, but it's a song inspired by the world.


活在這個世界上
翻開每天的報紙
都可以讀到氣餒
人的哀戚與恩怨

代代傳下來的仇
我們該何時擁有
彩麗平安的世界
愛已經不是重點

有寬恕嗎?
有博愛嗎?
有希望嗎?

我們緊緊地把我們雙手一起變拳頭
心里硬著不接受彼此的見解與差別
錯過的人應該要恨恨地以牙還牙
仁慈憐憫只是當作笑話

我們的拳頭根本不能容納任何甚麼
憤怒仇恨只能會把我們慢慢地銷毀
只能張開我們的雙掌我們才能找回
曾失過的自由曾失過的美

我們的拳頭根本不能容納任何甚麼
憤怒仇恨只能會把我們慢慢地銷毀
只能張開我們的雙掌我們才能體會
仁愛仁慈憐憫才是最完美

空著手你我才能感覺到
真愛的自由的美



Rough translation:
Living in this world
Flipping through the papers
We can read about disheartened hearts
People's sorrow and hate

The hate that passed down from generation to generation
When are we going to have
A beautiful peaceful world
Love seems to lost its significance

Is there forgiveness?
Is there love (agape)?
Is there hope?

We turned our palms into tightened fists
We harden our hearts, unable to accept each other's differences and opinions
The wrong person should be given tooth for tooth
Grace and mercy seemed more like a joke

Our fists cannot contain anything
Bitterness and hate will only destroy (burn) us from within
It's only by opening our hands that we can find
The freedom and love once lost

Our fists cannot contain anything
Bitterness and hate will only destroy us from within
It's only by opening our hands that we can understand
Love, grace and mercy is the most beautiful

Only by opening our hands you and I can feel
True love's beautiful release


Yeah, there's glitches in grammar. Oh well.

No comments: