Sunday

Sangat Ber-china

I know, sometimes people might not even know that I can speak Chinese or read, much less write them. So when I posted some of my written works up, some probably like, "Eh, you know Chinese?"...

Err..yeah. I'm a Chinese after all, Malaysian or not. I believe that every race should learn their mother tongue, though not necessarily to writing and reading, but at least know how to speak. Cause though I don't always support Chinese language (remember those Chinese school days? Oh my gosh, you could get nightmares...)

Yeah, it's that bad.

But I must say something I love about my Chinese culture:

The art. Whether it be music or martial arts or art art art...I love them all. Okay, maybe not so much of martial arts...but hey, it's the one point that made Americans wish that they could be Chinese.

Don't call me a Chinese patriot or whatever cause I'm not. I do love Malaysia very much, except the ridiculous things they do sometimes. That doesn't mean I'm not a Malaysian patriot. There's definitely always something to gripe about regardless which country you're in.

But yes, I love the Chinese art. I love restringed violins and cellos (replacing the normal strings with silk strings that Chinese musical instruments uses). I love the old fashion. I love the flying they sometimes do. I love their bamboo forests...I love their movies (not those old Shaw productions. That tickles me annoyingly.)...I love their stringed instruments....

The only art that I don't really like about Chinese art is calligraphy. Maybe it's because I never was good at it.

Bah.


Somebody please give the Hero soundtrack to me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo from ent.sina.com.cn

I love grand epic film scores. So sue me.

No comments: