Wednesday

I Will Wait For You

What a fever that was.

It's really tempting to go on and on and design headers after headers after headers...unless and until my blog becomes more entertainment site like seoulbeats or dramabeans or even k-popped...it's seriously a waste of time. Haha. Though it is good to flex some design muscles after a while. Haven't been exercising them lately.

--

His voice is not exactly everyone's cup of tea. But it's because of his record label that I give him a try.

And I like deep voices.

And voices that makes you smile even though it's suppose to be a sad song.

But oh well.

Presenting to you Lee Seung Yeol 이승열.



First heard him singing Secret Waltz with Ibadi 이바디. Though at first I find his voice a little unsuitable for Horan's higher and less smooth voice. Her voice is a little more airy whereas his is as smooth as silk. Haha.



Secret Waltz - Ibadi ft. Lee Seung Yeol (from Songs for Ophelia & Daytime Drinking OST)

But the more I listened to it, I find his smooth and deep voice is actually quite soothing. Like his contribution to the movie OST ...ing, it actually made me give a wistful smile. Haha. Yeah, whatever that means. His voice has a bittersweet tinge to it.



Wait 기다림 (from ...ing OST)

But Lee Seung Yeol is a rock singer as well. I like his ballads more though.



Stand For You (from Spotlight OST)

One thing about singers, is that I always want to see how they sing live. When they can sing live better than or as well as singing in the studio, I think it's really an achievement.



Fly High 비상 (from his 1st album: 이날,이때,이즈음에...This day, This time, Nowadays...)

Although I won't say I would go out and buy all his solo albums (currently, he has 2 solo albums, he released three previously with the band U and Me Blue 유앤미블루), it's a voice that you would appreciate when you are nostalgic or want an escape from the busy life. I find his voice like going on a trip in a convertible towards the countryside on a good weather.



I Will Remember 기억할게 (from 2nd album: In Exchange)

He is no eye-candy, but he is definitely talented.

No comments: