Well, Kelly Clarkson has a song that really speaks the title of my 2nd entry for today. It does seem painful sometimes for somebody who went through a great time with another and then find out that that special someone turned out to be "taken". THen, whenever the somebody see the special someone with another...a spark of unknown feeling just burst out. Jealous? Hurt? Joyful? I doubt the last one. I mean, come on lah...who will feel joyful? Although you tried to console yourself..."Well, maybe he/she's not the one for me. I guess I'll find a better fella/girl." But deep down, it cuts right?
Dannah Gresh said in her book "And the Bride Wore White" (I'm talking bout girls now) that many girls give their heart away too easily. I'm talking in general contacts here. Basically, the verse in Songs of Songs (which appeared 3 times: 2:7; 3:5; 8:4) was giving an advice to the girls...do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. Gresh continues on to say that many awaken love but it doesn't desire! (It's quite a bit 'tersirat', please dig deeper) Desire here means sort of like right time and the right person. Many times we thought we found the right one but are we correct?
There was once Chia Wen quoted, "When God takes away a treasure, be sure He will give a much better one!" She was right. Time and time again when I read "Dear Thelma" in the STAR Mag section, I remember a lot of things I've read in books. E.g I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliott, For Such A Time As This by Lisa Ryan and the one I've mentioned earlier by Dannah Gresh. (still got a lot more, but that's all I can think of now)
For many times, I believe most girls would just love to take their heart out and throw it far far away...so we don't have to go through heartbreaking moments or even falling into infatuations like collecting bumper stickers. It's sad but true.
Everyone is still learning how to control their emotions and passion. If you're not, then...I really salute you!
There's one book by one amazing lady, I haven't read it yet, but the commentaries and stuff at the back are good enough to convince me. THe only sad thing is that it's not available in Malaysia. At least not yet. If you want to buy it over the net...go ahead...make sure you leave your contacts here. I want to borrow that book! Letting God Meet Your Emotional Needs by Cindi McMenamin. You can check out that book in ChristianBook.Com or Amazon.com (Amazon has bigger variety of categories, coz you can just search for the category)...there's also other really great books for girls (written by Susie Shellenberger, all for girls, cause she wrote lots for teens bout GUYS! Hahaha...) who are really sick and tired of this relationship thingie. Or you are just wondering about all these...Just go and search for relationships or singlehood...or even woman...then you'll find lots, pricey (looks cheap in US dollar) but really wonderful books. For guys...just search under men/relationship/singlehood/Christian living categories. I don't delve into books for guys...but I know that you people got your fair share of books too okay?
The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn't care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See, you got no say at all
but the best one is still...1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.
(MSG version)
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::




1 comment:
Hey Bekah!!!! Man...long time nvr see u...miss u darn a lot. Anyway, i read this entry and I was like, wow. Okay la, maybe not wow but I was impressed. hahah. What u wrote really struck me as true. Oh well. At least I know I'm not alone. Hehe. Come back soon! I miss you a lot!
love,
Stef
Post a Comment