Days before: Writing receipts as fast as possible in order not to keep people waiting for that actually quite useless (to youths who find them so, including me; its the brown carbon copy that's important) white paper.
Daryll: "Wah, so fast..." He spoke that softly, but I am not all deaf. I can't remember what my response was actually. Did I smile? Did I say, "Have to write fast lor..." and smile?
Worship practices are piling up. "Eh, Dave ah, I will be slightly late. I'm meeting up with Pr. Margaret..."
David and Jared helping me to sort out the forms.
Jared: (frustrated) "Eh, why you must arrange like that one?"
I am a meticulous person when it comes to these. Do you mind?
David: (slightly off) "Just do it like this la..."
Boys.
Me: "You meticulous worship leader..." (which was good, raised the standard of worship)
David: "You also what...registration.." (ahaha...)
Next practice at Lot 81.
Lester: "Christine is quite busy now, so she's only can come for practice at 1."
Everybody: "Okay, let's all go eat lah..."
Christine: "What are you guys doing outside here?"
Everybody: (Questioning) "Ooi? Lester say you busy worr...so we want to go eat lunch lorr..."
Christine: "I'm here already..."
Day before camp: Doing name tags with DJ and chatting while poking holes through plastic holders.
Enoch called. Got slightly stressed up...
Christine: "Eh, Bekah, can you help me to wrap the hampers ah?"
I didn't start until I met Dianne. "Great! You have nothing to do here right? You can help me right?"
Later in the meeting room...
Dianne: "Be more creative lah..."
Me: "Yeah, make it as wacky as possible."
Results: 3rd prize with a ponytail, 2nd prize with two little hands sticking out and a tie and 1st prize with hula skirt around it.
1st Day of Camp: Reached DSP at 7:25 am. "Where is everyone???!!!" People started coming, and registration booth haven't prepared yet. Was really gonna crack.
Jared: "Eh, cool down, don't be so stressed. Don't get so angry."
Me: "I AM angry. Things are not working out..."
Scared Jared away.
Carissa walked around to help the others. We finally understood that there were a slight miscommunication that I couldn't mention to her about writing receipts later...Just simply brief the last-minute add-ons.
Me: "Sean Geh! Why now only you sign up?"
Sean: "..."
Reach campsite. Jared sent me a SMS on the bus, telling me not to get so stress, after ruin my mood for camp. So sweet of him.
Daryll led my group. Suddenly become 3rd-in-command photographer for camp. Photographer can't take part in TalentTime. Gave suggestions though. Feel so old there. Sigh...no room key. Aiyerr...room super super super dirty. F&N everywhere..peanut shells...ugh...can't remember who I complained to...DJ?
Night session: Am about to lose my voice. Met Pr. Shawn for the first time. So young for a pastor. David sang out of tune. Felt so odd on stage when he did that. He always have perfect pitch! Looked at Vanessa. "Ooi how ah?" Gave wrong signals to musicians. Session was good. Have a few people coming out for altar call already.
Worship Evaluation:
Musicians: (to David) "Couldn't know what did you want. One person play this, the other play that..."
Me: (sheepish) "Sorry if I gave you guys the wrong hand signals..."
Yun Tjin: "So you are the culprit!"
Musicians: "Dunk her to the sea!"
Me: "Ooi! It was David's fault. He say he show the hand signals with his left hand so I will show it again with my right hand. He go and show all right hand, how to see worr??" (glaring at David) David: "Never mind never mind..."
That settles it.
Second day at camp: I did the lyrics today. So cool...I like to use Christine's Mac. (Refer 2nd last entry) Ministry was good. Many came out. Was quite impressed and unexpected on how God quickly moved. Games was a big game...everybody got wet, except for a handful.
Uncle Jit: "Listen up, everyone must get Felix. Must not let him go..."
After games, a few of us sat at the corridor since we have to wait for our turn to use the bathroom.
Me: "Eh, that's Pastor Shawn you know."
Sara: "Huh? Really ah? Cannot recognise him lah..."
Kay Lee and Caryn agrees.
Me: (sampat betul) "Pr. Shawn! Couldn't recognize you lah, we thought you one of the campers..."
Sigh. On the last day, Pr. Shawn said that he could actually see I was slightly tongue-tied of what to say. Good thing he can't really remember who said that. Hehehe...or maybe he did. Hmm...
Session: Christine: "Eh, Bekah, can you help me to type Nickson's songs down? Some songs are already in one lah..."
Me: "Orr..."
Session was good. Had a great ministry time. Slept late because of many issues that the camp committee had to tell us. Hmm...
Third Day at Camp: TalentTime was a rock. Rachael and Jared was so good in making the audience laugh so much with their campur tangan in those overtime plays. They ended up having David with them playing football on the scene itself. So duh. But it was overall fun.
Gentlemen's Dinner. Do I, a girl, have to initiate conversations around a table? Gosh, I felt like some odd-public-relations-officer. But it was good. They should have serve lamb chop though. Ummmhmm...
Leading 'Big' for Christine's session. Wanted to give my best, so I was telling myself: "Don't you dare get proud!" I just hope I don't blunder.
Me: "Sei-fo...I think I am losing my voice leh...how?"
Paulynn: "Aiyah, don't worry lah...you can do it one."
Drink honey.
Siu Fai: "Ooi, you all finish lah..."
Me thinking: Cheh, I thought you don't want anymore mah...
Nolah, there is still some for him.
I totally lost my voice during Christine's session. I shouted when I sang 'Big' reason is because I couldn't hear myself and maybe I was too excited. So duh.
Session was a real blast. So many people just came and renew their lives again. I was on stage staring at Joseph.
Me: "God, make him come out for prayer..."
Thank God David went to him and asked him if he wanted to go out for prayer. Then Felix went over and started to bring Joseph forward. I was praising God in my mind. "Let him accept. Let him accept..."
After session...
Pr. Shawn: "I really felt that tonight's session was truly led by the Spirit."
Indeed it was, people raising hands every part of the room. It was the first time on stage where I see nearly everyone had their hands raised.
David is so duh... :)
David: "Great...I didn't think that you guys had lost your voice you know. You sound perfectly alright up there."
Christine: (disbelief) "Sound perfectly alright?????!" (She too lost her voice) All of us look at him as if he was joking.
Fourth Day and the Last: During icebreaker, guys against girls. We played the electric current game and whichever gender got the signal first, must run towards the highlighter placed in front and grab it before the other opposite gender does. I was against David. He said he would let me win. First time we both got the signal at the same time and he was faster, so he kicked the highlighter away and in the process had my foot kicked as well. Fuming, we had a second time, then I won! Cause Allan saboh him, delaying the current. Muahahahaha...ahahahhahaha...so glad to have beaten David Lim...muahahahahhaa...
I typed on Chris' Mac so fast that I scared the keys would fly out. Since Lester and the others were singing all sorts of songs, had to type them in as fast as possible. Hahaha...session was good. People who had received a calling from God about their future had come out to be prayed. Quite a number. Wow. The youths of today will really rock the world of tomorrow!
At lunch...I just wanted to show Carissa one song, had no intentions on cutting line, when...
Carissa: "Why you want me to hear this ah?"
David: (he said something like that) "Sure got reason one, want to cut line is it? Must be lah...you don't lie lah...sure got hidden motives..."
Me: "So now I can't be nice lah?!" (fuming at David)
At lunch table, the best friends (David and Jared) sat together and when Jared "confessed" he was not a guy...and after that he thinks that I like him then...
Jared: "You will be on my waiting list. Not the first though..."
Me: "Ugh, whatever."
David: "Seriously, do you think Jared is more perasaan or I more perasaan?"
Me: (flabbergasted. What kind of question is that? Aiyah, how to answer ah? Both also the same...please both? Insult both? Or please one and insult the other?) "Both of you the same lah!"
Take more pictures, and more and more, and losing my voice even more. Took the group picture, so I shouted as loudly as I could. Before that:
Me: (before we climbed unto the roof) "Eh, we can go out one right?"
Malvin: "Guys can, girls cannot."
Me fuming. So duh.
At the bus: Sat in front of David and Chia Pei on the way back. Was going through the pictures. Chia Pei and I rolled our eyes don't know how many times everytime David spoke something so predictable. Perasaan betul. Battery died totally.
Asked Jared for RM1. He took forever to take it out. Nickson provided that RM1 quicker.
Conclusion:
Camp was GREAT! Had a fun time bonding with my small brother and other girls and boys. Many know me for what reason I don't really know. Maybe I am the photographer lah...hmm...and Joseph accepted Christ on the last day of camp! Hallelujah! Carissa and I were near tears and I just went forward to hug her when I saw her nose turned reddish. It was such a great moment. I did share with her bout the gut feeling I had about Joseph. Thank God that He answers prayer.
End note: Dave and J, don't get insulted by all those words you said and how I recorded them down. You guys are really nice really...sweet in everyway...but do try not to get so perasaan say that you are unforgettable. :) You guys are the best! Have a blessed Christmas!
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment