After looking at how the waves crashed in, it was horrific. Every country near Indonesia suffered, especially Sri Lanka.
CNN did say that it was the 4th biggest earthquake ever recorded. Seeing floating bodies, frozen bodies and dead bodies just really shook me up really.
Sigh...now the figures climb to over 33,000 people.
I am actually thinking if another quake happened again at this time, oh boy, it would be worst, since the first plague has demolished nearly everything in its path, leaving an open space.
When I saw the footage of one shop with the markings "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2005" I mused at the irony of "happy".
So many were affected by this. In Malaysia, school students lost everything new: uniforms, text-books and many more. They better thank God they had kept their lives. Others weren't so lucky.
What are we expecting from the year 2005 then after these have happened. Like the September 11 incident in US, I believe that it would shook Asians, especially those victims of the violent seas.
This Tsunami isn't those that comes like 15 feet of waves at once. Even so, if it had come in 15 feet tall, many might have been warned. Only experienced and experts can truly distinguish the difference. We common folks are just oblivious to the slightly taller and faster waves.
So where do we go from here? There's nothing else much to do except to pray that it will never happen again. If it had happened at the north of Aceh itself, boy, will Penang and Langkawi suffer more. Still, I never knew it would amount to so much of death.
My uncle actually escaped the Phuket Tsunami. He returned home just a day before the tragedy. Thank God that he did not stay a day longer. We all breathed a sigh of relief and prayed a thank-you to God. If he had done so, the effects hitting our family would have been overwhelming.
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment