“哇。。。这么多东西呀。。。” (wah, so many things)
That may just be the exclamation you give when you see the state of my room right now. If I have a digital camera, 真想 (really like to) click a few and let you see...
I realise speaking Mandarin kinda help me get back to my roots and be a bit more confident. Maybe it's because my Chinese speaking background.
The thing I can't stand about Mandarin songs especially Taiwan songs is that many of them talks about break-ups and one sided love...I mean like..wey, even English songs though nasty they may sound now, they have great songs like "I Finally Found Someone" or "I Turn To You" or "Because You Love Me" or "I Knew I Loved You" or whatever...yes, yes, these are old songs but the reason why they remain greatest hits because they are. They celebrated the eternity of love...then why can't Taiwan slow songs celebrate a bit of eternal love? If their drama can boast so much of 真爱 (real love) and of whatever, then why lah why still got break up songs one? Why got..闭上眼数到三遍,你因该要出现,但你却又食言,不在我身边。。。(close your eyes, count to three and you should be here but you broke your promise..7F & 183 Club) or 看着你要走。。。(watching you leave..183 club) or 你不在当我最需要爱。。。(you are not here when I need love the most...Lee Hom) or 你是真地离开我。。。(you really left me...Angela Chang Shao Han) leaves you kinda frus with songs like that. But we still listen to them. At least I still listen to them..because somehow they are very nice to listen to..their music.
真是的。(okay, this is so untranlate-able, cause only in Chinese and Korean can you really feel the effect of this phrase. It probably means "really!" with the exclamation. We say it after "tsk" usually or a "sigh")
I said that phrase once to a non-Chinese reading friend and he thought I just scolded him. Man...不知如何该是气还是笑呢?(should I be angry or be laughing?) Felt so wrong then.
Btw, sorrylerr to those non-Chinese reading friends. :) Somehow going back to roots does help to be a bit more confident. English is making me a bit too low. :) But going back to Mandarin still long way to go. But thanks to all my colleagues in Secret Recipe. That's why I can learn to speak Mandarin again.
Maybe I should go into Taiwan music market to go and teach them a few things about writing half-sided love. Tsk tsk...虽然是很喜欢听他们的悲哀歌,不过好烦也...(although I like listening to their songs very very much, but quite irritating after a while...)
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment