click on the picture for larger image.(L to R): Kibum, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Yesung, Donghae, Siwon, Hangeng/Hankyung, Heechul, Leeteuk, Sungmin, Kangin, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun (...*sweat)
Maybe in a few months from now, I would look back and cry. But I'll admit here. Now. I have become fond of the gigantic 13-member Super Junior....but only as an entertainer group. I admit, all of them have their charms and all that. But honestly, I didn't give two hoots about them before the third album came out. Cause so many of them looked so girlish then I was like ...
So, SUJU, it's you that make me feel so sorry, sorry to myself.
But get this. As much as I find their third album something, they charmed me more with their entertaining selves. Sure, I love Yesung's and Kyuhyun's voice which are irresistibly good (where their voice got to show a bit more in the ballad dance pop 사랑이 죽는 병 /Love Disease). But though the number just staggered me in the beginning, they are really special, imo. Perhaps this is why ELFs are so active and so protective of their Only 13. (Leaving poor Henry and the other guy from Super Junior's 192731278th subgroup SUJU-M so battered) Let's not even go into Cassiopeians and the rest!
But I'm not going to be an ELF, crazy or sane. I'll enjoy them while they are still there, cause my music taste is always quite fickle, with exceptions. Like I used to like Jolin Tsai a lot, but then now I'm a little more indifferent towards her. I still think she's one of the best dancers around in pop. Like my like-dislike relationship with Fly To The Sky and LeeHom as well. But as I said, they are entertaining.
In a breeze of my opinion (talents notwithstanding):

Eeteuk 이특 - leader, eldest (1983)
I think he's really a very good leader albeit quite fail with his "honey world". To take care of 12 people is no joke. Imagine how Jesus must have felt. And for the fact he's pretty quick as a MC and still so dedicated though he always get bullied by his members is a plus point. I'd remember how he would say "Kibum, love you" on music shows recently as that fellow is never around.

Heechul 희철 - 2nd eldest
Haven't really look into him, just know that he got a habit of kissing his members and a little girly. So. Prefer him with his long hair though.

Hankyung/Hangeng 한경 - the Chinese member
I'm bias cause for a Chinese to make it big both in China and Korea is seriously a big thing. And he looks better now with his new hair (not this). Then again, the reason why I paid attention to SUJU now is because they somehow look better (not all) with this new look. Found their blonde mops a real turnoff. Though his Korean is a little on the hopeless side, but hey, kudos for getting fans either way. One of the best dancers in SUJU, given his martial arts background.

Yesung 예성 - ambiverous oddball
He is odd. He rubs people the wrong way. His voice is huskily great (though I mentioned he toned down much for this third album) and I really don't understand why he does the things he does sometimes. I feel like asking the psychoanalyst from Infinity Challenge (무한도전) and analyze this boy. Like him MUCH better with this hairstyle. When he smiles, it's really very (*cough) nice. The oddest but my most favorite.

Kangin 강인 - quick thinking MC
Kangin is the other talkative one after Eeteuk. He's quite quick also, so makes him a perfect candidate to be in variety shows. I'm envious of their eloquence. I think he also raps for SUJU?

Shindong 신동 - resident chubster
I didn't name him that. He is the chubbiest in SUJU, Kangin takes second place. But Shindong is cute, I admit. He has this really I-want-to-pinch-your-face look. But the boy is one of the strongest dancers in SUJU and I'm serious, he can dance. He's also one of the creative dance choreographer of SUJU.

Sungmin 성민 - all-rounder
Another martial artist. But that boy can also toss pizza, dance, what have you. It's almost like there's nothing he can't do. (Edit: yes, he cooks too!)

Eunhyuk 은혁 - the one that fell of the chair and got laughed so hard by Kangin
This and next two are same age as me, he's the best dancer of SUJU and raps pretty well too. Pretty entertaining to watch on variety shows and he still make me laugh over his fall, hosts a radio show with Eeteuk. But I like his dancing the most.

Donghae 동해 - many's favorite
Haven't really look into him also. But he's a good dancer and often commenters were teasing about how he always love doing the body wave even in a sad song like "It's You". One of the good looking ones, imo.

Siwon 시원 - resident hottie
I won't say he's hot. But he's definitely photogenic and classically handsome. Very tall and well-built. A really good actor, acted in "Battle of the Wits" alongside with Andy Lau as a prince or something. And one thing that really stands out is how he never shames away from saying about his relationship with God.

Ryeowook 려욱 - music prodigy
Okay, I don't really like his tenor voice. I think it's too high but he is one of the best singers in SUJU. But that boy's piano skills. OMG. Respect. (Edit: He cooks too!)
Kibum 기범 - M.I.A
As I've said, I only started paying attention to this group in their 3rd album. And the infamous M.I.A member is this boy who is facing some uproar from his fans and anti-fans alike. So haven't been paying any attention to him at all, never mind if he's cute and all that. I won't say his acting skills are horrid but they're not KangJiHwan-esque either.

Kyuhyun 규현 - maknae 막내 (youngest) and best singer
Even Yesung's voice can't beat Kyuhyun's. I think Kyuhyun scores point for being a baritone singer and therefore even if he can't belt, he sure has a lot of chest voice (emotional voice) to swoon his fans. He's very quiet though but one of the best looking albeit skinny.
Okay, I'm done. May I never have to look at this again. I've got this off my chest and there it is. I'm not saying I'm embarrassed for liking SUJU cause as I've said, they are really a fun bunch to watch and they are seriously a group that you can't possibly miss, but it's good to get this off my chest, if not, I think SUJU will overwhelm me like how Girls' Generation once did with "Gee". SM, you succeeded yet again.
But this I have to say: Why do guys like to kiss each other? I know bromance but still. You don't find girls kissing each other in a sistermancely way.




No comments:
Post a Comment