Sometimes when I write songs, I can write a few songs at one shot. Sometimes the inspiration never comes at all, and I can be dry for months or write crap. But this I know, when I stay true to myself and write something from the heart and what I learned from others' experiences, I think I actually write well. When I try to be helpful I sometimes end up writing less helpful stuff.
So I shall try to search deep, read more and watch more interviews and human drama.
Here is a song about coffee. Inspired by Jars Of Clay's "Tea & Sympathy", two interviews that I watched on TV today and Vincent Fang. Though I think vocab and grammar-wise it's a little out of convention. I may be wrong. Haven't been doing Chinese for a while though I kept on writing songs.
Verse:
那天喝咖啡的時候
聽說你已有另一個
離開了就不再追求
祝福你是應該的
忌妒我知道很幼稚
應該是我心還揪著
以前對你的真心
我當latte吞下了
嘴裡含著的餘味
卻還在逗留著
Chorus:
我們的天的夜的淚的笑一一不存在了
共同的品味變了我已明瞭你的選擇
十次百次的電話你也不會接了
乾脆號碼換掉你也更舒服的
我們的親的吻的幾次擁抱一一消失了
香甜的曾經曾經已變成平淡無味了
既然你愛的人已經不再是我了
咖啡變冷之前不再耽擱
Coda:
那天喝咖啡的時候
聽說你已有另一個
離開了就不再追問
祝福你是應該的
Rough translation:
Verse:
That day when I was drinking coffee
Heard that you have found someone
Once left I shouldn't be persistent
Blessing you is what I should do
I know jealousy is quite childish
It must be that my heart still cling onto you
My devotion to you once
I gulp it down like a latte
The aftertaste still lingers in my mouth
Chorus:
Our days our nights our tears our laughter, one by one, they are no longer
When our similar taste changed I understood your choice
Ten times, hundred times of phone call, you won't receive them anymore
Why not change the number, you will feel better
Our kisses and our hugs one by one they disappear
The sweet aromatic once upon a time have become bland
Since the person you love is no longer me
Before the coffee turns cold, I shouldn't delay
Coda:
That day when I was drinking coffee
Heard that you have another
Once left you I shouldn't ask anymore
Blessing you is what I should do
Tell me what you think. I think this is one of my better songs so far (syok sendiri) but I am enjoying songwriting more and more. :)
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment